About the Organization:
Hillside Community Church (Hillside) is a growing, dynamic, externally-focused community church with historic ties to the American Baptist Church and current ties to a voluntary association of like-minded churches through Transformation Ministries. Hillside has a strong vision and track record for reaching the unchurched and impacting the community for Christ.
The church's track record speaks for itself. Founded with a vision to reach lost people and lead them to become fully devoted followers of Christ, the average attendance exceeds 2,500 and is made up of all generations and a multitude of children. The church has posted an annual positive growth rate the majority of its years, and with new state of the art facilities, is well positioned for continued growth in the coming years.
The reputation of Hillside in the community is excellent, and the church is well positioned for growth in the coming years. Before other churches adopted a “seeker” strategy, Hillside was a leader in the innovation of creative ways to reach lost people and draw them to Jesus. The vision of Hillside was nurtured through early membership in the Willow Creek Association and active participation in WCA conferences for over 18 years.
Hillside is a church open to people from all backgrounds, and strives to become the church described in the Bible. Through our gospel-centered approach, relevant teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care, Hillside's doors are open to everyone at any place on their spiritual journey.
About the Position:
The Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor will lead the Hillside Kid’s Team and will develop and implement Children’s Ministry objectives and strategies. This position requires a passion for Jesus and His Church and a desire to see children grow into lifelong followers of Christ.
What We Are Searching For:
The successful candidate for this role will meet and achieve the following objectives:
- Children Ministry volunteers recruited/trained/connected/resourced; they are loving what they do.
- Children Ministry paid staff recruited/trained/resourced/empowered; they do their jobs with excellence.
- Kids and families are feeling loved and cared for.
- Large Group time is exciting/engaging/and helps kids learn Biblical truths.
- Small group time is engaging/interactive/ and helps kids learn how to apply Biblical truths to their daily lives.
- Families are equipped with tools that help them lead their children spiritually.
- Ministry is organized and well scheduled in advance.
- Environments/conversation/opportunities that allow children come to know Jesus personally are created.
- Opportunities/training for kids to be baptized are offered.
The successful candidate will likely have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in a related field.
- High relational aptitude.
- Ability to lead team to edit curriculum and implement it.
- Ability lead a team to communicate via social media.
- Disciplined (works efficiently).
- Collaborative, innovative and creative.
- Willing to lead and engage others in accountable relationships.
- Leadership and teaching abilities
- Effectively balance regular responsibilities with new opportunities/adjustments.
- Flexible, adaptable, and amiable.
- Above average understanding of current tools and software related to email, F1 database & social media.
About the Location:
Rancho Cucamonga, California is one of three former areas that were incorporated into one city of in 1977. Hillside Community Church is in an area of Rancho Cucamonga formerly known as Alta Loma, which means “high hill,” and is nestled in the foothills on the south face of the San Gabriel Mountains. Rancho Cucamonga is a moderately affluent area and is a part of San Bernardino County. It is almost entirely residential as, per a city ordinance, no commercial businesses may exist in most areas of the community.
Only fifteen minutes from an international airport, and with its proximity to Los Angeles and Orange County, Alta Loma offers all the benefits of suburban living with the amenities and opportunities of city life.
Within the city boundaries are four large high schools and Chaffey College, a community college. Enjoying over 300 days of sunshine and being uniquely located between ocean beaches, snow covered mountains, and desert resorts, Alta Loma has a multitude of year-round recreation within an easy hour’s drive. Located near the intersection of two major freeways, people drive 30 minutes to be a part of Hillside’s programs.
Rancho Cucamonga is a great community for families, with great schools (some of the best in California), an abundance of parks, sports programs, and a small town feel. There is easy access to everything southern California has to offer: beaches, Disneyland, Hollywood, mountains, hiking trails, and great weather.
Interested in this position? Apply here.