Weekly Attendance: 1100
Denomination: PCA with a nondenominational feel
The neighborhood: Hunt Valley, MD
The role: The main role of the Director of Creative Arts is to promote the expression of Christ-focused, individual, and community worship through creative arts.
Meet Hunt Valley Church:
Hunt Valley Church began in the spring of 1990 when a dozen people gathered in a living room to pray and plan for a new church in the Hunt Valley areas of Baltimore.
In June of 1992, current Senior Pastor Frank Boswell joined the church, bringing in fresh vision and strategy for the church. Beginning from contemporary approaches to worship, the church experienced much progress over the next several years, which included a space that would serve as home for the next five years. These years were devoted to building staff and putting the Christian way of life into practice through various ministries, particularly mission trips, holiday food baskets for the poor, and restoring old homes in Baltimore. HVC opened its current building on 22 acres in 1997. As a result of steady growth, a satellite location across the highway was created in 2006 for offices and youth ministry space, and the children’s wing was updated in an inviting and creative way. Growth has continued at even faster pace, and the church has embarked on an expansion process to both bring the campuses together and add additional ministry space. The church is in the process of building out additional space at The Pointe that will include a 400 seat multipurpose/worship space, along with meeting and offices space which should open in the fall of 2018.
After more than 25 years, with hearts full of gratitude for what God has accomplished, the church looks forward with hope, and an unyielding commitment to preserving Christ’s church, advancing His message and ministry.
About the Director of Creative Arts:
The main role of the Director of Creative Arts is to promote the expression of Christ-focused, individual, and community worship through creative arts. This is a strategic role that requires a deep level of commitment and faithfulness towards HVC’s mission, vision, and core values.
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Creative Arts Director:
A bachelor’s degree or undergraduate degree is expected, although not required. A seminary degree or further theological training is a great bonus but not required for this position.
The ideal candidate will have ministry experience at a multisite church, as well as experience recruiting and training volunteers.
- Call to the ministry and motivated to use gifts to serve and praise God.
- Skilled at identifying, recruiting, training, and encouraging volunteers.
- Accomplished vocalist and instrumentalist; formal music/worship education preferred.
- Familiar with current music trends as well as with traditional music styles.
- Able to train and work with musicians (and creative types) whose abilities are at varying levels.
- Supports Hunt Valley Church's philosophy of ministry.
- Maintain a "servant's heart" and function on all assigned teams as a member with a "whatever it takes" attitude. Maintain a positive, flexible, attitude committed to excellence.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Scriptures.
- Embrace the essentials of Christianity.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Desire to lead others in worship experience, not a performance.
- Able to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with church leadership, team leaders, and others.
- Maintains healthy work, family, and rest boundaries.
What it's like to live in Hunt Valley, Maryland:
Hunt Valley is a community in the beautiful Baltimore County of Maryland. Similar to an English countryside, the community contains manicured horse farms and picturesque rolling hills, yet is a short trip to historic cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore Harbor and Washington, D.C. By and large, a rooted community, the culture of Hunt Valley is one that is unique to its own. It is home to prominent businesses such as McCormick, T Rowe Price, Black & Decker, and PayPal that contributes to a thriving industrial sector.
Known to be the most affluent and educated region of Baltimore, the city boasts excellent public and private institutions, a higher rate of graduating high school seniors than state average, and the nation’s #1 accommodations for special education. Hunt Valley is known for a high income per capita, as well as attractive amenities for both visitors and residents alike. Offering an ideal lifestyle with year round seasonal weather, Hunt Valley offers an exclusive environment for those who desire to make it a home.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.