Theology: Baptist - SBC
Weekly attendance: 2,000+
Location: Macon, Georgia
The role: As part of the Next Generation Team, the Middle School Pastor should effectively lead middle school students and their families to Come, Grow, Serve, and Go through ongoing discipleship and Ingleside’s Church & Home Strategy.
Meet Ingleside Baptist Church:
Ingleside Baptist Church (Ingleside), founded on October 4, 1951, is beautifully nestled on a lush, green campus of rolling hills and mature trees in Macon, Georgia. They are a multi-generational church with a next generation orientation.
Long-time Lead Pastor Dr. Tim McCoy has led this thriving church into a new generation of vision and growth. Ingleside continues to live out the overall priority to make disciples for the glory of God that Come to worship, Grow in a group, Serve in the Body, and Go with the gospel.
About the Middle School Pastor:
As part of the Next Generation Team, the Middle School Pastor should effectively lead middle school students and their families to be disciples who come, grow, serve, and go through ongoing discipleship and Ingleside’s Church & Home Strategy.
The Middle School Pastor will:
- Become fully assimilated in the Ingleside culture.
- Make strong connections with the families they lead.
- Build momentum and growth in the Middle School Ministry.
- Document and track numbers and stories to measure success.
- Increase the numbers and stories of students growing in discipleship and in their understanding and faithfulness to the gospel.
- Faithfully love the sixth - eighth grade student group and strive to foster an atmosphere of fun and inclusion in the youth ministries.
- Grow in spiritual leadership and relationships.
- Joyfully serve as a cohesive member of the wider Next Generation Team.
- Serve on our team with an “and then some” work ethic.
- Truly love working at Ingleside and excited and passionate about their job, everyday.
- Make strong connections with bookend ministries and staff leaders, including high school and elementary.
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Middle School Pastor:
The ideal candidate for this role will have a bachelor’s degree and an M.Div. or seminary degree or a nearly completed seminary degree.
The next Middle School Pastor of Ingleside Baptist Church will have three or more years of full time leadership experience in a similar Middle School or High School ministry setting. While church experience is a must for this position, specific experience working in Middle School Ministry is a great bonus.
The next Middle School Pastor will be comfortable supervising staff, leading other leaders, working with parents, and overseeing a ministry of 150 students, including experience on trips.
- Love preaching and teaching the gospel at a high level.
- Develop a strong connection and friendly spirit towards leaders and volunteers.
- Possess a high capacity for fun and being relational with students, but exude a calming presence when needed.
- Be an idea generator with an innovative and creative spirit - someone who loves to collaborate and brainstorm will be great here.
- Have a good sense of humor and fun, paired with a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor.
- Fits well with Ingleside's culture.
- Have an overall positive disposition - takes a challenge head-on with cheerfulness and positivity.
- Live on the solution side of life.
- Be comfortable and humble in their own skin.
- Have a heart for middle school students
What it's like to live in Macon, Georgia:
Macon is a town full of southern charm and antebellum architecture, and is home to about 150,000 people. Because of its rich history, dating back to Native American civilizations, Macon is continually mentioned as a cultural epicenter for Georgia. It is a town that loves food, sports, and music and is in the middle of an intentional revitalization. Macon helps make up the heart of Central Georgia. It is located between Metro Atlanta, Augusta, and Savannah and is filled with a rich cultural heritage of music and literature with bountiful agriculture, landmarks of the past, and a calendar filled with various entertaining festivals. Southern ideals, cultural opportunities, and close proximity to entertainment make it a great place to raise a family.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.