About the Organization:
LifeChurch is about LifeChange.
LifeChurch is a contemporary, culturally relevant, and growing church that is reaching people from all walks of life and helping them experience the new life Jesus came to bring. Its vision is to be a community where real people can connect with a real God and experience real life, while its mission is to help people Know Jesus, Grow together in Him & Go serve the world.
The original vision of LifeChurch continues to be championed through its motto Real People, Real God, and Real Life, with the goal of creating an organism that embraces real people with hurts, habits, and hang-ups, to help them discover a real God who brings hope, and to experience real life that has meaning and purpose.
Today, LifeChurch is an organization that continues to see incredible growth after outgrowing three school locations and seeing many people come to know Jesus. As of the spring of 2014, LifeChurch welcomes nearly 1,400 regular attendees at its Canton location. Central to their DNA is church-planting, and LifeChurch started two sister churches in the area—LifeChurch Livonia and LifeChurch Southfield.
Weekly Attendance: 1450
Denomination: Evangelical Covenant Church
Location: Canton, MI
About the Position:
The Lead Pastor will be responsible for the leadership and direction for LifeChurch.
The individual that assumes this role will help the church continue to achieve its vision and mission in conjunction with its core values. The right leader will embody the qualifications of the role, and be able to excel in all goals, expectations, and responsibilities desired of the position.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in either Divinity or Theology preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in completing the responsibilities listed above.
- Likely a lead pastor, or senior-level staff member in a church of 1500 or more.
- Willing and able to be credentialed in the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- When we look in the wake of your ministry experience, we see ministries that have grown.
- A builder more than a starter. This role requires someone to build on something that is really good—and take it to the next level.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has a passion for evangelism, discipleship, and mission.
- Is energetic, self-motivated, and thrives on being challenged.
- Skilled at developing leaders.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Is committed to personal growth, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in spirit with the Leadership Team at LifeChurch.
- Has a passion for evangelism, discipleship, and missions.
- Has a track record of personally developing gospel-centered relationships with those not currently connected to a church.
- A catalyzer – can get people excited around a vision
- Authentic, grounded, humble. You know who you are and you know who you aren’t. You teach out of your brokenness with a bent toward healing.
- A relational leader. You genuinely love people, and they sense that from you.
- Sense of humor – you can’t take yourself too seriously.
About the Location:
City of Canton
Canton is located in the heart of southeastern Michigan. Situated conveniently between Detroit and Ann Arbor, the city is just 15 minutes from the International Metro Airport (DTW). Within the 36 square miles that make up Canton, one will find a wide-variety of housing options, acres of parks, a world-class library, nationally-recognized leisure services, outstanding shopping opportunities, restaurants for every taste, all making for a terrific quality of life.
Canton is home to the state’s only IKEA, as well as other major retailers and employers. Ford Road is the community’s main corridor, which has the nation’s top retail stores and restaurants. Canton has long been associated with the city of Plymouth which has a great downtown area with gift-shops and family friendly events. Canton is committed to development that is well planned, as it continues to grow into a comprehensive retail, commercial, and light industrial region. In addition to the highly regarded public education institutions, Canton is also home to a number of K-12 Private schools as well as nearby higher education institutions.
Canton, Michigan has a population of over 92,000, and has an average household income of $97,000 a year. The racial makeup within Wayne County is predominantly white, however the township of Canton and the communities that make up Wayne County are populated by persons from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Consistently ranked as one of the safest communities in the State of Michigan, Canton is home to picturesque parks, trails, and golf courses, a vibrant retail district, diverse cultures and neighborhoods, as well as industry that is conveniently located near major universities, expressways, and airports, which makes it a haven to those seeking relocation.
Canton is a suburb in the Greater Detroit Area, the most populous metroplex in Michigan and largest city on the United States-Canada border. Best known for being the home of the American automobile industry, Detroit is a city now focused on reestablishing itself as an economic and entertainment epicenter for the state of Michigan. The region of Detroit is steeped in history, culture and innovation. This Michigan metro area, which borders Canada, was first settled by French explorers, and quickly grew into a bustling metropolis of nearly 2-million inhabitants prior to WWII.
With Art Deco and neo-gothic skyscrapers all alongside Detroit’s waterfront, the ‘Motor City’ is one of only 12 American cities with professional teams in all four major sports (Lions/NFL, Tigers/MLB, Pistons/NBA, Red Wings/NHL). With over 30 colleges and universities, including Wayne State University and the University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit’s rich music and performing arts history is a still draw for many young professionals and singles in search for affordable housing and cultural diversity.
Interested in this job? Apply here.