Theology: Evangelical Covenant Church
Weekly attendance: 1,500
Neighborhood: Canton, Michigan
The role: The Teaching and Adult Ministry Pastor will provide vision and leadership to adult ministries in a way that results in reproducing disciples.
Their motto is Real People. Real God. Real Life. The vision was to create a church that embraced real people with hurts, habits, and hangups, to help them discover a real God who brings hope, and to experience real life that has meaning and purpose.
Today, LifeChurch has seen incredible growth after outgrowing three school locations and seeing many people come to know Jesus. As of the spring of 2014, LifeChurch now welcomes nearly 1,400 regular attenders at its Canton location. They’re thankful for all they’ve experienced, however their story does not end here.
Their goal and prayer is to be part of planting several new churches in the next ten years. This is a God-sized task and will only happen through fervent prayer to Him, and provision and power from Him.
About the Teaching and Adult Ministry Pastor:
The Teaching and Adult Ministry Pastor will provide vision and leadership to adult ministries in a way that results in reproducing disciples.
The Teaching and Adult Ministry Pastor will:
- Be a regular speaker at weekend services (currently four services each weekend) as part of the teaching team
- Contribute to preparations for teaching series planning and development
- Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services
- Oversee community life gatherings for targeted groups (e.g. Single Parents, Men’s, etc.) and facilitate leadership of relationships in their community for both social/community outreach and service outreach opportunities
- Supervise other staff who coach adult small group leaders and/or lead community life gatherings
- Reinforce and build on LifeChurch commitment to diversity of individuals in Metro Detroit community
- Identify, equip, and provide care to adult small group leaders
- Provide leadership development outlets for group leaders and apprentice leaders
- Meet monthly with leaders, maintaining a healthy coaching relationship
- Provide specialized pastoral care when necessary (funerals, hospital visits, weddings)
What you bring:
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree and theology training and/or three or more years of relevant vocational ministry experience.
- Must have experience mentoring, living with, and leading individuals within underrepresented ethnicities
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus
- Committed to personal growth, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in spirit with the leadership at LifeChurch
- Must be fully committed to working with a diverse congregation and community
- Is energetic, organized, and self-motivated
- Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion for seeing people become connected to the church
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and supporting staff and volunteers
- Can demonstrate discipleship relationships (current or former) where they have poured their life into a disciple for the sole purpose of the spiritual, emotional, and missional growth in the individual
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in developing and maintaining vibrant ministry
- Is excited by the opportunity of working in a church growing rapidly and desires to see that growth reflected in church participation and in people’s lives
What it's like to live in Canton, Michigan:
Canton, officially the Charter Township of Canton, is a charter township of Wayne County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is located about eight miles west of the city limits of Detroit and eight miles east of the city limits of Ann Arbor. As of the 2016 census, the township had a population of 90,248, making it Michigan's second largest township and eleventh largest community. Canton is ranked as 96th highest-income place in the United States with a population of 50,000 or more. Canton Township is also consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the United States, as well as in the state of Michigan. In 2015, the township was ranked as the 29th safest city in America. Canton is one of Michigan's fastest growing communities.
Canton has a great school system with many public, private, and charter schools to choose from. The community and culture of Canton is largely influenced by Detroit.
Think you're a great fit for this job? Become a candidate here.