Weekly attendance: 275
Neighborhood: Mariemont, Ohio (greater Cincinnati)
The role: The Associate Pastor will be a dynamic leader who will add to the Teaching Team of Mariemont Church, create high quality discipleship, marriage, parenting, and family initiatives that would meet the needs of Mariemont Church and appeal to the community, and also grow the church with relevant gospel application.
Meet Mariemont Church:
Most people think the Church is a building. That’s an accident of history and translation. When Jesus used the word, He meant “people called out,” that is, people called out of normal life to follow Him in an extraordinary adventure.
Jesus is the key leader at Mariemont and the reason they exist. He came to save everyone from their self-centered ways, sin, and rebellion. He is the unique and awesome God who laid his life down for humanity, and took their punishment on Himself. It is only through Him that anyone can experience real life, now and forever.
Mariemont Church looks at the Bible together to learn who Jesus is, what He did and why it matters. The Holy Spirit helps them walk out these things in their everyday life: at home, in the workplace, and every area of life.
Everything Mariemont does as they follow Jesus is designed to honor His Father, who adopted them into His family through the power of the Holy Spirit.
About the Associate Pastor:
The Mariemont Community Church is looking for a dynamic leader with experience. The ideal candidate will be someone who can add to their Teaching Team, create high quality discipleship, marriage, parenting, and family initiatives that would meet MCC’s needs and appeal to the community, and also grow the church with relevant gospel teaching.
This position will be focused on discipleship and disciple making: growing people at each stage of life in their family roles and their walk with Jesus. This leader will also support and add value to the Children’s, Youth, and Young Adult Ministries. He would have a track record of shepherding people well with several vibrant small group leadership experiences.
He will be deep in the Word and filled with the Spirit. He will be a proven disciple maker with reproducing disciples growing from his ministry. He will be comfortable with Kingdom ministry like praying for the sick and expecting supernatural results. He will be aware of or open to the principles of Disciple Making Movements as described in recent books such as “Kingdom Unleashed” by Jerry Trousdale.
The Associate Pastor will be accountable for:
- Growth in spiritual maturity as measured by an annual discipleship survey
- Defining goals and measures for building strong families
- Increasing small group participation
- Quality of outcomes for children and youth discipleship
- Increasing invitation and growth of congregation numerically
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Associate Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position. While not required, a master’s degree, seminary degree, or further education or theological training is a great bonus for this position.
The ideal candidate will have at least five to ten years of ministry leadership experience.
We are looking for four main qualities: a connected shepherd, a leader and strategist, a communicator and evangelist, an administrator that gets things done.
- A connected shepherd:
- Constant sense of Christ leading their life, a rhythm of life in Christ, and a commitment to disciple-making as a way of life.
- A mature, Spirit-filled believer who loves the Word and meets biblical leadership qualifications, experience in ministry and marketplace ideally
- Practices Kingdom ministry and equipping of others in their gifts.
- In touch with family culture, highly relational, genuine, and a great listener.
- a proven disciple-maker, preferably with second-generation disciples.
- A leader and strategist:
- A strategic leader, casts vision, and has a motivating leadership style.
- Has a track record of leadership reproduction.
- With further experience, has the potential to replace senior pastor
- A communicator and evangelist:
- Strong Bible teacher, communicates truth and grace winsomely
- Creativity in communication and ministry ideas
- Brings the Gospel to bear on everyday issues
- Challenges people to take the next step in their journey
- An administrator who gets things done:
- finds ways to move systems to greater efficiency
- extroverted, high energy personality that attracts talent
- Action-oriented, high-capacity, thinks systemically, and is organized
What is the Mariemont neighborhood like?
Mariemont is one of but a few planned communities in the United States, with a rich and unique history that is the hallmark of the Village. The Village was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2007.
One of the first things visitors notice when arriving in the Village of Mariemont is its tree-lined streets, Tudor-style buildings, and historic charm. Designated as a National Historic Landmark community in 2007, Mariemont will remind visitors of the quaint English garden neighborhood from which it was modeled.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, visitors to the Village of Mariemont will find some of the most unique shops in the Greater Cincinnati area, ranging from the nostalgic “five and dime store” atmosphere of The Villager gift shop, to clothing stores, the Mariemont Inn, Starbuck’s, the Dilly Deli, to services like the Framers Guild framing shop. The variety of restaurants offers anything from sandwiches to fine dining. No trip to Mariemont would be complete without a visit to Graeter’s Ice Cream Shop.
The historic Mariemont Inn offers updated rooms and, with its location on the Village Square, it is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants, as well as the historic Mariemont Theatre, which has also been updated and expanded to include five screens. It is one of the few remaining neighborhood theaters located in the Cincinnati area.
The Mariemont Schools are excellent and include adjacent neighborhood Fairfax, which offers more moderately priced homes for those wanting to be close to the church and have access to quality public schools. The adjacent neighborhoods of Madison Place and Madisonville offer less expensive homes for those who home school or want to choose a private Christian school.
Voted one of the nation’s most “walkable” communities, the Village of Mariemont is home to 14 parks, including the South 80 Hiking and Biking Trail Park. Located along the banks of the National Scenic Little Miami River, visitors will enjoy the natural beauty and peaceful surroundings of this area, once the site of a Native American Village.
So whether you are looking for a quiet room for the night, great restaurants, a good movie, unique shops, or a walk in the woods, the Village of Mariemont has it all.
Mariemont is located in the greater Cincinnati area, a fun, vibrant, sophisticated, entertaining, high-tech, compact, and urban city. Amidst the gently rolling hills along the Ohio River, the city spreads from the southwestern corner of Ohio into Northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. The city is located about mid-point on the shoreline of the 981-mile long Ohio River.
Cincinnati not only offers professional sports (the Cincinnati Bengals, and Reds, and FC Cincinnati) but also a nationally- acclaimed theater district (off Broadway plays, ballet, museums), and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical gardens. Cincinnati is also a short drive to Chicago, Illinois; Lexington, Kentucky; Louisville, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Cleveland Ohio.
National accolades keep increasing for Cincinnati, as a premier destination for conventions, meetings, and leisure travel. They include:
- Best Places to Live – Livability.com (2014)
- Top City for Young People – Time Magazine (2014)
- No. 2 3 Children’s Hospital in the Nation – U.S. News & World Report
- 5th Most Affordable Metropolitan Area – Forbes (2014)
- Best for New Business – Site Selection Magazine
- No. 3 Healthiest City in the Country – Men’s Health Magazine
- No. 9 Safest City in the United States – Forbes
- No. 3 Top U.S. Travel Destination – Lonely Planet
- One of Top 10 Smartest Cities – Motovo (2013)
- No. 10 Greenest City – NerdWallet Finance (2014)
Think you're a great fit for this job? Become a candidate here.