About the Organization:
The mission of Mount Ararat has been to reach people with the life-changing love of Jesus. Today, 75% of the people in the region have no church affiliation. The church is forward focused by pursuing future growth and a continued vibrant church community, while celebrating and remembering the rich faith history of Mount Ararat and the historical significance of the area where it’s located. It is a modern, growing, multisite church with a Sunday attendance of 3,000 across two locations. Launching a third location in 2017 and a total of five locations by 2020, Mount Ararat is a high capacity, staff-driven culture that values creativity, excellence and relationships. Led by Senior Pastor, Todd Gaston, Mount Ararat focuses on reaching the next person for Jesus.
- Church Size: 3200
- Location: Stafford, VA
- Denomination & Affiliations: Baptist
About the Position/What We Are Searching For:
Mount Ararat is searching for a high-capacity leader to serve as their Lead Student Pastor across all campuses. While all ministries at Mount Ararat function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Lead Student Pastor will seek to creatively implement that vision in a manner relevant to students. This individual will be able to work with both students and parents while providing strong leadership to staff, and volunteer teams. The successful candidate will ensure the student ministry continues to grow both as an attractional and a missional ministry. The ideal candidate will seek to grow middle and high school ministries both numerically and spiritually. The Lead Student Pastor will also be responsible for the development of community through small groups, be the primary communicator at high school large group gatherings and oversee the middle school ministry team.
Earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Seminary degree preferred.
- Proven track record of working in a large church setting with 5+ years experience. Multisite church experience preferred.
- Recognized commitment to reaching the outsider, insider and returner student with a high degree of innovation, recruitment and retention.
- History of recruiting, training and growing leaders that love and serve today’s students and success in creating a structure that disciples and grows students spiritually.
- Confirmed demonstration of excellent stewardship with resources and budget management.
- Experience maintaining personal relationships with students, parents, staff and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the ministry.
- Proven experience in communication, creative thinking and problem solving a must.
- Proven track record of discipling students and challenging students to disciple other students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Bible and the ability to communicate the relevance of the Bible to the everyday lives of students.
About the Location:
Stafford is located 40 miles south of Washington, D.C. and approximately 60 miles from Richmond, the capital of Virginia. Being centered between these two epicenters, historical sites, cultural events, and opportunities in the arts abound. Professional sports are available in close proximity, including football, baseball, and hockey. The County encompasses 277 square miles, 65% of which is still forested. Marine Corps Base Quantico, the “Crossroads of the Marine Corps,” Stafford offers excellent public services to its citizens, including one of the best school systems in the Commonwealth. Recreational opportunities abound in more than 1,000 acres of County, regional, state and national parks. Stafford offers numerous sports amenities including the new Jeff Rouse Sports Complex,5 private marinas, 2 public fishing lakes, 7 County parks, 188 acres of athletic fields, 3 golf courses. The Rappahannock River, once a popular shipping route to the historic port of Falmouth, flows along the southern boundary of the County. The Rappahannock has been designated as a State Scenic River, and offers abundant wildlife habitat and scenic recreational opportunities.
Interested in this position? Apply here.