About the Organization:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church, one of the largest and most respected Presbyterian (USA) churches in the United States, is seeking a Creative and Communications Director to lead its communications team. Founded in 1910, Peachtree Presbyterian is a thriving, multigenerational, full-service church with over 6,600 members dedicated to serving both the local and global community. A regional church, it draws from areas far beyond its neighborhood and reaches across Metro Atlanta.
- Church Size: 6,600
- Location: Atlanta, GA (Buckhead Region)
- Denomination & Affiliations: PCUSA
About the Position:
The Creative and Communications Director will be a strategist for communicating the brand and story of Peachtree Presbyterian Church. This position will be responsible, along with other leadership, for clarifying the church’s vision, goals and values, conceptualizing each facet, and publishing messages to support those vision, goals and values to all relevant print, web and video mediums. As a key part of the leadership team, this position will help set direction for the organization while leading a high quality, in-house agency that serves the church.
What We Are Searching For:
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical knowledge and the skill set to oversee areas of responsibility, while excelling as a creative team leader who builds and challenges a team of specialists. The prospective individual will first and foremost be compelling visionary, artist, and storyteller, as well as an efficient organizer, planner, and manager.
The following highlights the minimum qualifications required of candidates for the Creative & Communications Director:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with preference granted to candidates with a theological education.
- Preferred degree in one of the following: Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising/PR or other area similar to communications.
- A visionary leader with 5+ years of suitable experience in the field.
- Knowledge of, and proven track record in design, production, marketing, advertising, internal/external communication, media, and public relations.
- Ability to cultivate strong relations with media and to manage third-party consultants, as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a talented and diverse creative and communications department.
- Capability to provide expert communications consultation to all levels of the church organization.
- Experience in managing social media strategy and communications as well as keeping abreast of current trends.
About the Location:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church is located in the prestigious Buckhead region of Atlanta. Comprising approximately the northern one-fifth of the city, Buckhead is a major commercial and financial center of the Southeast, with its high-rise office buildings, hotels, and condominiums forming a highly urbanized core along Peachtree Road. Surrounding this dense core are Buckhead's suburban neighborhoods, which feature large single-family homes situated among dense forests and rolling hills. The Robb Report rated Buckhead one of the USA's 10 "Top Affluent Communities" for "Some of the most beautiful mansions, best shopping and finest restaurants in the southeastern United States." Buckhead boasts excellent schools and tremendous quality of life.
Interested in this position? Apply here.