Pinelake Church is one church with multiple locations bound together by a common vision and mission grounded in the truth of the Bible. It is a movement of God expectantly living out Christ-centered, Spirit-led, ongoing stories of life change.
About the Organization:
The story of Pinelake Church began in February of 1971 in Brandon, Mississippi. The church started in a mobile chapel just off of Spillway Road and has grown to become the church it is today. Since its inception, Pinelake Church has been a multisite congregation in Mississippi with campuses in Clinton, Madison, the Reservoir, Starkville, and Oxford. Each of the five campuses has a ministerial staff that serves their local community of believers under the leadership of its Campus Pastor. The campuses are bound together by one common vision and mission under one senior leadership team, led by Senior Pastor Chip Henderson and Senior Executive Pastor Tim Smith.
Pinelake Church is home to more than 9,000 attendees each week, and they are enjoying a season of growth with an excellent staff, first-rate facilities, solid financials, and a radical commitment to missional generosity. True to its heritage, the church remains an entity that is committed to help people Learn from Christ, Live in Christ and Lead others to Christ.
About the Position:
The Pastor of Adult Groups is responsible for getting adults in the surrounding area into community through small groups. The Pastor of Adult Groups is also responsible for developing and reproducing leaders within the ministry. As leaders are developed and adults connected to groups, the pastor will ensure proper systems are in place to allow for continual connecting and developing.
Success in this role will be determined by the following components:
- Spiritual Growth – Evident across all adult groups and in the life of the Pastor of Adult Groups
- Cultural Growth – The Pastor of Adult Groups has a deep and solid understanding of the church/staff culture, and consistently implements this DNA across all adult groups.
- Professional Growth – Successfully connecting people into groups, building small group leadership, and integrating a small group coaching structure into the ministry.
- Community Growth – Developing a relational acumen for the congregation, particularly with key servant leaders responsible for developing a discipleship culture.
What We Are Searching For:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They will have a history of proven successes in ministry, that is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position. In addition, the following personal characteristics will be imperative for this role:
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles of faithful living spelled out in the Bible.
- High level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- Inspiring communicator who is able to influence and impart the 'DNA' of the church.
- Proven catalytic leader with a high degree of relational and emotional intelligence.
- Motivated visionary, driven to achieve organizational excellence.
- Innovative and energetic team player and team builder who thrives in providing the necessary support others need to succeed.
- Approachable and available, embracing all generations and groups within the church and community.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Disciplined processor who is able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Coachable and collaborative in nature.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (ideally in a counseling field); and two to four years of ministry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested in this position? Apply here.