About the Organization:
In the fall of 2001, a dream was born in the hearts of Paul Basden and Jim Johnson. The two longtime friends were senior pastors of large, denominational churches in the Southeast; positions that granted influence, respect, and job security. Nevertheless, they determined to uproot their families and move to Frisco, Texas, the fastest growing area in the country at that time. Their goal: to start a new church for people who had given up on church, but not on God. After outgrowing a movie theater, the church moved to an interim facility for eight years where attendance accelerated and new ministries developed. In 2014, Preston Trail relocated to its current home where it now hosts more than 3,600 on weekends, drawing people from numerous cities in the north Texas region.
The mission of Preston Trail is to help people find and follow Jesus Christ. This was the driving force behind the launch of the church and remains its single motivation to this day.
United by a common purpose, the church staff values a spirit of teamwork, servant leadership, and a commitment to excellence in all operations of the church. Compelled by love and grace, the church as a whole reflects a healthy culture and a vibrant sense of community.
The staff and volunteers strive to create environments in which seekers and believers alike can gather on the weekends in culturally relevant worship services, find meaningful friendships and grow spiritually as they connect in a small group, discover a sense of purpose as they serve the church, and extend the influence of the gospel as they engage their worlds.
Size – 3,600
Affiliations – Non-Denominational, Willow Creek Association
Location – Frisco, TX
About the Position:
The Elementary Director of Preston Trail Community Church, under the leadership of our Family Pastors, will oversee and direct the Elementary Ministry to:
- Create engaging, relevant, and memorable weekend experiences for children (Kinder-Grade 5)
- Recruit, empower, and retain volunteers to carry out the church’s mission within the TrailKids ministry
- Lead and equip parents to embrace their role as the primary spiritual influence in their children’s lives
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
Although a college degree is not required for the position of Elementary Director, it is preferred. The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in leading, developing, and managing a large (300+) ministry for children in a mega church setting
- A demonstrated ability to recruit, build, and develop teams
- A passion and ability to relate to and identify with children and parents from diverse family backgrounds
- Strong teaching and communication gifts
- A track record of excellence in instilling and executing the vision of a large ministry
- Strategic agility in all areas of responsibility
- The capacity to lead a growing ministry that will become larger and more complex as the church moves to regional multisite and national church plants
About the Location:
The city of Frisco is 30 miles north of Dallas and in easy driving distance to Dallas Love Field Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
Frisco has the benefit of small-town living close to major metropolitan centers and all the opportunities they provide. The DFW area is home to a wide variety of attractions. Among these are the Dallas World Aquarium, the Dallas Arboretum, Six Flags Over Texas, Sixth Floor Museum, Dallas Heritage Village, and the Dallas Zoo, as well as hundreds of shops, restaurants, and art exhibits.
Frisco is known throughout the region for its Christmas light displays during the holiday season. The lights on many homes and buildings are choreographed to cheerful holiday tunes.
Finally, a significant point of community pride, Frisco is the new world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys and home to other professional teams including:
- Frisco RoughRiders (Texas Rangers AA farm team)
- FC Dallas (Major League Soccer)
- Dallas Stars (NHL)
Interested in this position? Apply here.