About the Organization:
Two historic churches, with roots going back over 100 years, merged in 2010 and set out to create a different kind of church for the Golden Triangle - a church that wasn't just for church people.
We wanted to create a place that was welcoming, helpful, and maybe even a little fun for everyone. We wanted to create a place where people feel excited to invite their friends. A place where people feel they can grow and take next steps in their relationship with God.
Our vision is to create churches that unchurched people love to attend. We foster a climate of purposeful inclusion of all. That's why we've designed our environments the way we have. After all, we believe connecting with God should not be complicated.
We've seen God work in phenomenal ways as literally hundreds of people have experienced life change in our community and around the world. Whether you've been in church for a long time, or not at all, there is a place for you at Providence Church!
Weekly Attendance: 115
Location: Nederland, TX
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor of Providence Church will provide overall direction and vision for the congregation, perform pastoral duties, supervise and lead staff, and be a voice for spreading the Gospel.
The Senior Pastor will also work in the confines of the leadership structure of the church by serving as a voting member of the team, offering guidance, installing regularly elected members and administering discipline and boundary setting when necessary.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
An undergraduate degree is required. Further theological education from an accredited seminary and familiarity with the theology of Providence Church is preferred.
Prior experience leading a church as a Senior Pastor is preferred.
- Theologically and biblically sound.
- An excellent communicator and presenter/speaker.
- Compassionate and accepting of others, especially the unchurched.
- A spirit of integrity.
- Approachable demeanor.
- High leadership skills and capabilities.
- A prophetic voice and inspirational advocate for all, a caring shepherd for all.
- A strong long-standing spiritual journey with God, evidenced by a regular devotional life.
- A depth of connectedness with God is reflected through what flows out when teaching, speaking, and leading.
- A commitment to maintaining a high sense of integrity in doing “what is right” regardless of what it may cost.
- An ongoing, lifelong learner.
- Commitment to the sufficiency of scripture in handling everyday situations.
- If married, a spouse who is vested in the ministry of Providence Church.
- Invests in personal growth and fosters this growth within the family unit.
- Values the leadership and staff culture of the church.
- Leads through consensus and collaboration.
About the Location:
Nederland is a city in Jefferson County, Texas, United States. The population was 17,294 at the 2016 census.
The city was settled in 1897 along what is now Boston Avenue and incorporated in 1940. It was settled by Dutch immigrants on land sold by the Kansas City Southern railroad. It is part of the Beaumont−Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area. Nederland is also a part of an area known as "the Golden Triangle," which comprises Beaumont, Port Arthur, and Orange. The total population of these areas combined is about 385,000.
The towns of Beaumont and Port Arthur are located 20 miles apart in extreme southeast Texas. Port Arthur is located on Sabine Lake, a body of water deep enough to support ocean shipping and connected to the Gulf by a canal. Beaumont is inland. The area’s destiny changed in 1901 when the first oil well blew in the nearby Spindletop field, and it changed again in September 2005 when Hurricane Rita swept through the area. The 1901 event turned the area from a quiet lumber and port town into a thriving oil and gas economy, with one of the largest concentrations of oil refineries, oil, and petrochemical-related businesses in the state.
With a low cost of living, close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, opportunities for sports, fishing, ocean fun and other recreational pastimes, as well as a revitalized downtown and short distance to the city of Beaumont, Nederland is really a great town to live in.
Interested in this job? Apply here.