Theology: Christian Church
Weekly Attendance: 1,700
Neighborhood: El Dorado Hills, California
The role: The Adults Pastor is on the senior leadership team at Rolling Hills and is responsible for all aspects of ensuring that Rolling Hills Christian Church attenders are connecting with each other and with Jesus, building community within and outside the church, and serving and giving with their time, talents, and treasure through strong, healthy, and growing community and small group ministries.
Meet Rolling Hills Christian Church:
The mission of Rolling Hills Christian Church is Helping People Find & Follow Jesus.
Rolling Hills Christian Church (Rolling Hills) was planted in El Dorado Hills 23 years ago on Easter Sunday, 1995. With a commitment to live out the principles of the Acts 2 church, the plant team relentlessly pressed forward through every obstacle that came their way. Over the years, the church has consistently grown to become a significant instrument of light and love in the community.
The reputation of Rolling Hills in the community is excellent and the church is well positioned for growth in the coming years. Rolling Hills is leading the community in innovative and creative ways to reach lost people, draw them to Jesus, and grow them into committed followers of Christ. We have a strong history of small group participation that extends from our older adults down to our KidMin area.
About the Adults Pastor:
The Adults Pastor is on the senior leadership team and is the leader responsible for all aspects of ensuring that Rolling Hills Christian Church attenders are connecting with each other and with Jesus, building community within and outside the church, and serving and giving with their time, talents, and treasure through strong, healthy, and growing community and small group ministries.
The Adults Pastor will:
- Create and oversee group leader development, including regular interaction with group leaders in person and via internet/social media
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of coaches and group leaders sufficient for the size of the church
- Identify, develop, and/or select group curriculum and other group study materials and tools
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate educational background. A bachelor’s degree, an Advanced Leadership degree or a seminary degree is preferred, but not required, with at least three years or more of leadership and volunteer recruiting experience at a large multisite or regional church.
The ideal candidate will have sufficient experience on a senior leadership team at a medium to large church, proving necessary skills for this position.
- Ability to assist in supervising pastoral staff and understand, motivate, and support ministry leaders
- A proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character
- Project management and proficient technology skills
- Confidential, helpful, cheerful, diplomatic, caring, and positive attitude at ALL times
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work fast to meet hard deadlines
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church
- A shepherd’s temperament: a servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting
- Solid understanding of group dynamics to ensure effective consensus building and decision-making
- Demonstrate an ongoing and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Maintain alliance with Rolling Hills’ goals, strategies, and vision
- Maintain regular attendance at worship services and in a small group and demonstrate active membership at Rolling Hills
What it's like to live in El Dorado Hills, California:
Beautiful El Dorado Hills, rated a Money Magazine Top 100 Places to Live, is nestled in the picturesque mountain foothills of the Sierras and is often referred to as the gateway to El Dorado County. With elevations ranging from 200 feet to over 10,800 feet, there is tremendous diversity in the landscape and much to discover. Rich in history and with various recreational choices, there is something for everyone.
The welcoming community of El Dorado Hills is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, between the San Francisco Bay area and the scenic Lake Tahoe basin. It is approximately 50 miles from Lake Tahoe and the High Sierras, offering fantastic skiing, while the summer offers hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing. El Dorado Hills is also located approximately 110 miles from San Francisco, Napa and the Pacific Ocean. Other local towns that many of our attenders live in nearby are Folsom and Cameron Park.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.