Shiloh Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church located in the heart of Manchester, New Hampshire. The church began in 1999 with a vision to reach the spiritually disconnected and draw them into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ and His body, the Church. Shiloh began with 40 people meeting in a small rented space, and has now grown into a vibrant community of 300 to 350 meeting at 9:30am each week (with a second service projected to begin in March 2017), in their newly renovated building in Manchester, NH.
Shiloh emphasizes Sunday gatherings as a time of corporate celebration. Small groups are emphasized as a primary connection point to build community, and the church is growing in discipleship and mission efforts to help people live missionally and serve in local and global places. Shiloh Community Church is known in the community as a church for families and for being a place where real people can meet the real Jesus in a real way.
At Shiloh Community Church, it is the responsibility of the Worship Pastor to lead the body into the presence of God. They will possess the ability to make each worship experience life-giving, exciting, and powerful. The Worship Pastor’s life should reflect a ‘Lifestyle of Worship’, so that they may lead others by example and not simply by instruction. This individual should be both filled with and led by God’s Spirit. They must maintain a close personal relationship with God through reading, study, prayer and accountability. It is in this spirit of love and cooperation with God that the Worship Pastor exhibits the following:
- Anointed, gifted singer and musician
- Passionate about relationship with God and possesses a contagious spirit for worship
- Able to lead and inspire others and also serve with a joyful, submissive spirit
- Brings excitement, energy, focus and vision to the Sunday worship experience
- Responsible for weekly rehearsals to ensure that the musical component of the church’s worship experience is done with professionalism and excellence
- Choose songs that complement the weekly messages
- Serve under the leadership and in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and Elders
- Be a small group leader (in the worship team) thus providing spiritual leadership, prayer, devotional thoughts and additional discussion about the Sunday message
- Create periodic auditions for those church members who are interested in serving on the worship team
The qualifications for the position will include the following:
- Four-year degree from an accredited university
- Graduate of Bible college or seminary preferred
- 3-5 years minimum experience as a worship pastor desired
- In agreement with the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of the church
Shiloh Community Church is located in New Hampshire’s largest city, with a diverse socioeconomic population of 110,000 people. Located in the heart of New England, Manchester offers people a bustling urban city nestled on either side of the breathtakingly beautiful Merrimack River, which runs through the center of the entire city. Offering a rich history filled with dedicated and connected people, the city offers an unsurpassed quality of life, in close proximity to calming lakes, mountainous regions, and natural hiking trails, abounding with recreational opportunities. The city is a leading advocate of economy, arts, and culture, dubbed ‘Metropolitan Manchester,’ it is the fastest growing of its kind in New England. Undergoing a rapid economic change in recent years, CNN rated Manchester 13th place in its 100 best places to live and launch a business in America (CNN, 2009).
Interested in this position? Apply here.