About the Organization:
Summit is a dynamic and growing nondenominational church of 2100 + people located in beautiful Sparks, Nevada. Summit truly believes God is a life – changing God meeting people right where they are on their spiritual journey. Summit exists to love God, love people, serve others, and reach others. The church believes God is a life-changing God, and that the church family is made up of people who come from all walks of life. The common bond of the Summit family is found in the fact that they’ve all been touched by God’s amazing grace. At Summit, people will experience a casual environment, uplifting music, an encouraging message, and the most loving people you’ve ever encountered.
About the Position:
The Connections Pastor is responsible to provide leadership direction and development over the discipleship and community ministries at Summit, including LIFE Groups, the Encounter Ministries, School of Discipleship, and Foundations.
What We Are Searching For:
A seminary degree is required for this position.
- Leadership development
- Shepherding gifts
- Strong administrative skills
- Team collaboration
- Gifted communicator
- Strong ability in written communication
- Ability to develop/write small group curricula
- Capability to recognize and implement systematic improvements that yield desired results
- Gifted in providing a clear spiritual pathway for individuals wherever they are on their spiritual journey
- Strong, devout Christian
- Spiritual Gifts – Leadership, Pastor/Shepherd, Teacher, Discipleship, Administration
- People-centric, outgoing, engaging, and approachable
- Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Key traits – Group-minded, highly relational, patient, confident, adaptable to change, easy going, fun-hearted, reliable
- Possess a passion for spiritual health, generosity, and achievable excellence
- Embody the cultural values of the church
- Sense of humor
About the Location:
A beautiful and family-oriented city, Sparks, Nevada, is located in the Truckee Meadows, less than an hour from Lake Tahoe. The city of Sparks shares its beautiful valley on the eastern slope of the Sierras with its neighbors to the west, Reno and Carson City. Together they have a population of just over 350,000.
Since the 1990s Sparks has grown tremendously, offering residents and visitors a wide array of services and activities. Sparks was reported as the fastest growing city in Nevada between 1999-2008, and continues to grow. Quality of life is cited as one of the main reasons people relocate to the Sparks area.
The Reno/Sparks metropolitan area is nestled in the High Sierra Mountains, enjoying all four seasons in natural beauty and a wide variety of recreational activities year round. Conveniently located with an international airport and a major interstate highway, Reno/Sparks also maintains a ‘small town’ atmosphere. The historic town of Virginia City is a mere forty minute drive away, and world class fishing at Pyramid Lake or world renown Lake Tahoe are close by.
The region’s industrial area provides many opportunities for a wide range of businesses to open or expand their operations in western Nevada, with excellent commercial and cargo air, surface, and rail transportation at one's doorstep. Home to the University of Nevada and one of the most highly rated school districts in the state; the Reno/Sparks community is also honored to have several minor league sports teams, as well as a flourishing arts and culture scene. Victorian Avenue is famous for hosting many special events including “The Rib Cook-off,” which draws the nation’s top BBQ chefs.
Interested in this position? Apply here.