Weekly attendance: 7600
Neighborhood: Conroe, Texas
The role: We are seeking an energetic, Spirit-filled leader to continue building and leading a thriving student ministry as they train toward church planting. This person will work alongside our Student Ministry Pastor and other AYC staff members in overseeing activities including weekly services, retreats, and mission trips, as well as outreach events and ongoing discipleship initiatives.
Meet The Ark Church:
Alan and Joy Clayton spent ten years in various ministries with founding Pastor John Osteen at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. In June of 1996, with Pastor Osteen’s blessing, they started The Ark Family Church (now The Ark Church) in Conroe, Texas.
Experiencing a strong growth pattern from the beginning the church soon moved into, and renovated a roller rink, where services were held from 1997-2005. In order to accommodate the continued growth, The Ark began holding two additional Sunday services at Conroe High School in 2000 and added a third service in January 2004. During this time, ministries ranging from children and youth to life groups and mid-week services were offered and expanding at a rapid rate.
The current 50+ acre property contains a 100,000 square foot facility that became home to The Ark Church in Spring of 2005. Today, the church continues its historic roots, and long-sustained vision through prayer, ministry to children/youth, and missions, with a strong desire to impact the region of Montgomery County with the love of Christ. It boasts a mission-driven spirit, staff-led leadership, and board accountability. The Ark offers a casual, friendly, and highly diverse environment to its attendees, with a constant emphasis of reaching the unchurched through effective evangelism.
About the Student Pastor / Church-Planter-in-Residence:
The Student Pastor will:
- Assist AYC staff in offering strong, solid, sustainable leadership to students and leaders, with an initial emphasis in Junior High ministry
- Serve as one of the primary communicators, preaching weekly in our various services to both Junior High and High School students as well as to young adults
- Take a lead role in the planning and implementation of all (seven plus) AYC large-scale outreach events, ranging from 600-1,000 students
- Build intentional, life-giving relationships with students
The Ark is passionate about the "saving of households." One of the many ways The Ark fulfills this mission is to train up and send out church planters. In the last two years The Ark has sent three pastors to plant churches in cities where God has called them. The Ark Church Huntsville, launched in August of 2017, has over 400 in attendance on a weekly basis and offers a variety of ministries to its community. With financial support and relational encouragement these church planters are able to go into a new community with the resources and tools they need to be successful.
As a Church-Planter-in-Residence you will:
- Learn in a high capacity leadership environment
- Be connected with a network of pastors who have recently planted successful churches
- Work in a strong, healthy culture that will prepare you for future ministry
- Be mentored by executive level leadership toward church planting, with a goal of planting a church within 3 to 5 years
What you bring:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
The ideal candidate will have two to three years of proven experience working with students in a ministry setting with 100+ students.
- Demonstrated ability to reach out to students on various school campuses
- Exceedingly strong communication and leadership abilities
- Strong understanding of how to work well on a team
- Competent in organizing ministry for effectiveness and efficiency
- A strong relationship with Jesus Christ, with a calling and passion to minister to youth
- Comfortable serving in a Spirit-filled environment
- Highly relational
- Exude fun and creative energy
- Passionate heart for God and his Word
- Teachable spirit with an approachability and adaptability
What it's like to live in Conroe, Texas:
Conroe, located north of downtown Houston, has experienced incredible growth and transformation over the last century, which originally gained in wealth due to lumber and oil industries.
Today, Conroe occupies some of the finest residential developments in the nation that have sprung up around the picturesque shores and wooded terrain surrounding Lake Conroe. It has largely contributed to both business and population incentives to families over the years, so much so that in 2012 the U.S. Census Bureau designated the area around Conroe and as a "large urbanized transit area," defined as having over 200,000 residents. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Conroe was the fastest-growing city in the nation in 2016 with a growth rate 11 times higher than the national average.
With an ever-increasing income base generated from the attractive business environment and superior school districts educating children, Conroe’s growth continues to expand in its metroplex.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate here.