Weekly Attendance: 2,500
Neighborhood: Fort Wayne, Indiana
The role: The Worship Leader role will help create and articulate the vision for expressions of music arts at The Chapel in a way that supports the vision, mission, and values of The Chapel.
Meet The Chapel:
The Chapel is a church for all generations. We are an active and purpose driven church. The Chapel is passionate about teaching the Word of God, and taking that message into our community, country and the world.
We believe in equipping the Church to become powerful ambassadors for Christ. With our Men’s and Women’s bible studies, over 75 weekly home studies, Sunday morning community groups and The Chapel Academy (an intense 28 week class in understanding the Bible), along with our weekend services, we are intentional about people knowing, understanding, and sharing God’s Word.
Our weekend services are designed so that the music brings joy and the message brings hope.
We belong to an amazing God and we want The Chapel to reflect His greatness. In Acts 1:1-2 It says “Jesus began to do and teach until the day He was taken up to heaven.” We want to be found faithful in "doing and teaching" until the day we are taken up to heaven.
To experience a bit of what worship is like at The Chapel, check out this video.
Weekend Services are Saturday 6:00 P.M. and Sunday 9:15 and 10:40 A.M.
Every weekend you will find The Chapel prepared and waiting to serve those that God has brought through our doors. With a very active Children’s Ministry, Student program, Adult studies and the Worship services, you will find joyful people ready to serve and study.
The music brings joy! Saturday nights our worship is led by a team of vocalists and a band. Sunday morning you will find an orchestra and a larger Worship Team. We are not performance driven we are participatory driven. We want people to be able to worship through music, therefore, we sing familiar songs that you may hear on Christian radio and familiar hymns that are rich in their message.
The message brings hope! In studying God’s Word we find it to be relevant to our lives today. The lessons that God chose to be placed in the Bible are the same lessons He wants for us today. God’s Word is meant to be studied and applied to our lives. His Word is what gives us hope in a complicated world.
About the Worship Leader role:
The Worship Leader role will help create and articulate the vision for expressions of music arts at The Chapel in a way that supports the vision, mission, and values. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with the Director of Music and Communications. They will oversee the Saturday worship experience attracting new talent to the worship team, developing team members and lay leaders in the music ministry and also assist with the Sunday morning services, filling in for the Director of Music and Communications from time to time.
The Worship Leader will:
The effective Worship Leader will achieve the following goals during the first 12 months of work:
- Oversee Saturday night worship and development
- Assist with worship vision casting and execution of plans
- Oversee Celebrate Recovery worship
- Oversee Planning Center
- Oversee sound and lighting
- Be an active member of the Creative Team
- Assist with music productions
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Leader:
Although formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Worship Leader, a bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Creative Arts, Music, or a similar field is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, proactive leader who is comfortable with a high level of involvement. The successful candidate will have had three to five years of progressively responsible ministry and worship leadership experience.
They must be flexible, entrepreneurial, and passionate in their role and be able to connect and lead with the Senior Pastor and the Creative Arts team. The successful candidate must be excellent at developing leaders who duplicate and develop other leaders, while bringing depth to music and creative teams.
- Leadership skills
- Desire for upward mobility
- Musical production experience or high interest in musical productions
- Previous experience with orchestras
- Ability to develop talent
- A joyful personality and leads with joy
What it's like to live in Fort Wayne, Indiana:
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second-largest city and is home to over 250,000 residents. (Allen County, Indiana’s largest county by size, has a population of 355,000.) Fort Wayne is a three-time All America City Award winner, and is consistently cited for its high quality of life, low cost of living, and warm Hoosier Hospitality.
Here are a few treasures that Fort Wayne holds:
- Fort Wayne was ranked as the #1 most affordable city in America in 2017
- Our region is known for being the best in recreation with three rivers, many lakes and parks
- More than 105 miles of multi-use trails in the Greater Fort Wayne Area and it includes more than 75 miles of interconnected trails
- Parkview Field, the home of the TinCaps, is the #1 venue in minor league baseball.
- The new Ash Skyline Plaza has the latest rooftop green space in Indiana and is the home to Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
- Home of Purdue University in Fort Wayne, Indiana University Medical School, Saint Francis University, Indiana Tech and Ivy Tech.
- The Embassy theater, The Fort Wayne Arts Museum, Civic Theater and the new Clyde Theater.
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is listed in the top 10 Zoo’s in America
- Sweetwater Sound, Vera Bradely and DeBrand’s Chocolates, (amazing!), chose Fort Wayne for their home
- The new Riverfront development is underway
- Multiple condo’s and downtown housing have and are being developed as people are choosing to live downtown
- Allen County Library is ranked #1 by Family Tree Magazine for its genealogical research database
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate here.