Theology: Brethren in Christ
Weekly Attendance: 1,500
Neighborhood: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
The role: The Youth Pastor at The Meeting House will lead the middle school and high school student ministries and research and implement the best practices for leading student ministries. They will help develop, nurture, and build the student ministries to equip students to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
Meet The Meeting House:
The Meeting House exists to help people find life by following Jesus. No matter what you’ve been through or what questions you might have, our church is a place where you'll find the kindness and forgiveness God offers to everyone. We want to help you live a better life and make a lasting impact in your family and in the world.
We have a Core Four set of values at The Meeting House. A growing follower of Jesus in our church can measure their spiritual growth in part by how well they increasingly: Worship Jesus, Grow Together, Love Generously, and Make Disciples.
About the Youth Pastor:
The Youth Pastor at The Meeting House will lead the middle school and high school student ministries and research and implement the best practices for leading student ministries. This is a full-time staff position who will help develop, nurture, and build the student ministries to equip students to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
The Youth Pastor will:
- Create a proven and strategic growth plan for the Student Ministries, and measure metrics consistently to show sustainable, scalable growth.
- Relate to unchurched students as well as those students who might be more familiar to church by striving to make the student ministry fun, approachable, and instilling depth and faith in all students that attend.
- Build strong relationships with parents and families to partner with them in the spiritual growth of the youth attending the program.
What you bring:
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position. The ideal candidate will have several years of relevant student ministry experience or ministry leadership experience.
- Be committed to holiness and developing a personal walk with God to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love spouse as Christ loved the church. If a parent, discipline children to know God and love Him.
- Able to use and communicate via social media and applicable technology.
- Must lead, have vision, be organized, and possess people skills.
- Healthy family relationships – able to balance priorities between home and ministry.
- Has a big vision for students and is excited about reaching and ministering to the community of Carlisle.
- Someone who is a team player and an equipper in their leadership.
- Someone who handles the Word of God by seeing the big picture and acting on it.
- Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- A strong commitment to assisting the ministries of the church in fulfilling their mission and vision.
- Energy and enthusiasm, particularly around students, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Carry a posture of strength, approachability, and humility.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- Doctrinal position that matches that of The Meeting House family.
What it's like to live in Carlisle, Pennsylvania:
Carlisle is a borough in and the county seat of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, United States and is located within the Cumberland Valley, a highly productive agricultural region. As of the 2014 census, the estimated population was 18,916, including suburbs in the neighboring townships, 37,695 live in the Carlisle urban cluster.
Carlisle offers various forms of entertainment. Such entertainment includes art galleries, antique stores, outdoor trails, theaters, and more. Additionally, Carlisle is in a convenient location in which one can take a quick drive to major cities like Baltimore, Maryland, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Thus, Carlisle and its surrounding cities offer abundant amounts of entertainment from food to shows and more. All in all, Carlisle is the ideal place to live for any couple or family.
Think you're a good fit for this position? Become a candidate here.