Weekly Attendance: 100
Neighborhood: Smyrna, Georgia
The role: The Children’s Director at Vinings Church will develop and grow a positive environment for young people to develop their relationship with Jesus.
Meet Vinings Church:
Vinings Church began as a church plant in 2011. After many years of planning, the church launched out of a heart for social justice ministry. Over the years, they have strived to rekindle the spirit and heart of their roots as a church plant - believing and trusting that God, in His process, is writing His story, and they have an important part to play.
Vinings Church is known for having built excellent ministries that serve their community, right where they are, and bring the hope of Jesus to the world. Whether they are leading ministries by reaching needs, working with organizations fighting sex trafficking, collecting coats for kids, or building building relationships with the people they serve or those that come through their doors, Vinings Church is always seeking to build relationships, engage in social justice, and bring hope to lost people.
About the Children's Ministry Director:
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for coordinating, planning, and the execution of all campus events, activities and services of children from birth through fifth grade. The Director works under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor. The Children’s Ministry Director will create irresistible environments for elementary, preschool, and nursery age children through vision casting, leadership, training, and team building.
The Children's Ministry Director will:
- Create an environment where kids love Sunday mornings so much that they are a catalyst to their families’ consistent attendance and involvement in Vinings Church.
- Parents are involved and becoming spiritual leaders in their homes.
- Volunteers are telling others how important the kids ministry is.
- Raise up high calibre volunteers who feel ownership in the ministry.
- Continually develop unity through all age areas in Children’s Ministry.
- Lead through staff members.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate for this role will have a bachelor’s degree. A seminary degree or further theological training is not required but is a great bonus for this position.
The ideal candidate for this role will have two or more years of ministry experience. A previous Children’s Pastor, or a leader in education or groups experience would be excellent for this position. The ideal candidate will have proven success leading and building teams. Experience with Orange curriculum and methodology will be a plus.
- Passionate about Jesus and love sharing Him with kids, families, volunteers, and people in the community.
- Able to build a team that leads and executes the existing Children’s Ministry mission and purpose by inspiring others to serve in Children’s Ministry.
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Jesus by being relevant and providing a great space for them to connect with other kids and leaders.
- Passionate about the church experience and first impressions. They are committed to environmental excellence with a focus on small groups and the Sunday morning experience specifically.
- Is an advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development.
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal).
- A person with a heart that is teachable.
- A proven project and team manager with strong attention to details, able to meet deadlines and timelines for multiple projects at once, high-level leadership qualities, and great administrative and time management skills.
- A high impact team builder who’s able to manage the details and responsibilities of an existing Large Group/Production and Small Group oriented Children’s Ministry.
What it's like to live in Smyrna, Georgia:
Smyrna is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, located in the northwest portion of the of the Atlanta metro area. As of the 2016 census, the city had a population of 56,664. It is historically one of the fastest growing cities in the State of Georgia, and one of the most densely populated cities in the metro area.
Smyrna is home to SunTrust Stadium, the new home for Atlanta Braves Baseball and a short drive to the new Mercedes Benz Stadium which is not only an architectural achievement but also home to the Atlanta Falcons.
Smyrna is only a short drive away from Atlanta, the capital of Georgia. Atlanta is full of places for people of all ages to visit such as the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola Museum, and Stone Mountain and a wide variety of venues to celebrate the Arts. If you consider yourself a “foodie” Atlanta has a seemingly endless array of amazing restaurants. It is a big city with a distinct southern culture.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.