Weekly Attendance: 300
Theology: Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Neighborhood: Warsaw, Indiana
The role: The Senior Pastor is responsible to the Session for achieving the goals of the church by leading the staff to create and implement programs and ministries, which ultimately reach others for Christ and grow and care for the church membership.
Meet Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church:
Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church (WEPC) continues to be known throughout the Warsaw area for its active and faithful Christian witness in the midst of changing times. As a downtown congregation, we are actively involved in helping the needy, partnering with local mission agencies, and reaching out to the neighborhoods surrounding our church building. We are also committed to reaching the next generation for Christ through Presby Preschool, our Sunday school programs, and our midweek children’s and student ministries.
Our 175-year history reminds us that we are part of something much bigger than ourselves. We who are part of this historic congregation today are indebted in countless ways to the faith of those who have gone before us. As recipients of this godly heritage and stewards of the gospel, we tirelessly proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ so that the generations that come after us will experience the joy of knowing, loving, and serving our faithful Savior.
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the Session for achieving the goals of the church by leading the staff to create and implement programs and ministries, which ultimately reach others for Christ and grow and care for the church membership. Staff reports to and are responsible to the Senior Pastor. The Pastor provides similar support for lay-led ministries.
What you bring:
An M.Div. or similar advanced degree is required for this position, with a higher degree or additional advanced theological study preferred. (WEPC has a significantly high percentage of members with undergraduate and advanced degrees.)
The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years in the pastorate preferably including experience in a church with multiple weekend services. We desire a pastor who intends to stay as our leader for a minimum of 10 years. He will have demonstrated effective leadership of staff, elders, and other key lay leaders in his previous pastoral positions. His previous churches will be characterized as committed to reaching the community with the Gospel, with individuals serving Christ in the church and in the community and the church actively supporting parachurch ministries within the community.
- Led by God. (loves Jesus, evidence of personal daily growth in grace – in awe of God’s holiness)
- Full of the joy of the spirit, enjoys life
- Comfortable with and loves young kids and families.
- Married, a faithful servant-leader of his family
- A team player and a great leader
- Skilled in administration.
- People-person with a humble spirit,
- Supportive, encouraging, motivational leader - a coach and mentor.
- Allows the staff to be heard.
- Takes initiative with the freedom to make decisions.
- Not a micromanager, and is open to suggestions, and collaborative.
- Approachable and available to staff and elders.
- Loves, values, and wants to support the staff. Have their backs.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, who is not afraid of the freedom to fail - and knows how to fail well.
- Confident in the business side of things, with a vision for his role.
- Strong leadership skills and adaptability.
- Skilled at disciple-development – lead staff, elders, potential lay leaders
- Shepherd of the flock, with genuine concern for people
- Humble, strong, confidence in the Lord’s ability to meet our needs
- Models the fruit of the spirit in daily life and personal relationships
- Passionate about reaching the lost
What it's like to live in Warsaw, Indiana:
Warsaw, Indiana provides the picturesque small town feel for any couple or family and is one of Indiana’s best kept secrets. With a population of roughly 13,550 people, you’re bound to be enjoying your days living with less traffic, fewer crowds, and a close-knit community. Occupied between three different lakes and a vast amount of greenery, Warsaw illustrates a welcoming town in which families can create adventures and memories.
Warsaw, known as the Orthopedic Capital of the World®, is home to several major orthopedic device manufacturers and suppliers. The result is an economy that is definitely an advantage. It has a considerably lower cost of living compared to the rest of the United States, which leads to a pleasant and convenient lifestyle. The Warsaw Community Public Schools are highly rated, and there are also a Christian elementary and secondary school in the community. Grace College and Theological Seminary is in the neighboring town of Winona Lake.
Warsaw is in close proximity to major cities and provides engaging small-town festivities. Warsaw is known for having multiple art galleries, performing art centers, local lakes, and many family-centered events and opportunities. On your day or weekend off, drive a quick two to three hours to enjoy the food and entertainment of Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, or visit beautiful Lake Michigan beaches. All these details factor into making Warsaw a charming and ideal place to live compared to the big city life.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.