Weekly Attendance: 2500
Denomination/ Affiliations: Nondenominational (SBC)
Location: Yorktown, VA
About the Organization:
Waters Edge Church (WEC) is a growing, contemporary church, with history and current loose ties to the Southern Baptist denomination. It was planted out of the Liberty Baptist church of Hampton, VA where Lead Pastor Stu Hodges served as the Student Pastor. Starting in 2003, with just 50 people and a laser-focus on reaching those who are far from God, Waters Edge has grown to nearly 3,000 people attending each week at one of the four campuses (Hampton, Yorktown, Newport News, and Williamsburg). Their passion for unchurched people is reflected in their tagline – “We will change the way you think about church.”
The reputation of Waters Edge in the community is pristine, and the church is well positioned for growth in the coming years. They are known for their focus on reaching the lost and their accessibility to people who do not attend church, for their fun and creative worship services, and for outstanding, practical, relevant bible teaching and commitment to connecting people in groups.
About the Position:
The Executive Director of Operations will be responsible for overseeing finances, facilities, Human Resources, IT, Security, and Leadership Development for volunteers, creating sustainable, repeatable systems for producing volunteer leaders.
What We're Searching For:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Director of Operations:
An undergraduate degree is preferred. A seminary degree or further theological training is a bonus but not required. A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, leadership or a similar field would be ideal for this role.
Experience as an executive pastor at a smaller church would be ideal for this position. Having a pastoral background or multisite experience is strongly preferred.
- A people person who is also able to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Experienced in working within an innovative, outsider-focused, and multisite church.
- A skillful negotiator, able to find the best possible deal.
- Able to analyze data, gather feedback, and execute a decision efficiently.
- Loyal, dedicated, and able to commit long-term to the vision, strategy, and values of Waters Edge Church and called to lead from the ‘second chair’.
- A person who takes pride in excellence and is always willing to go the extra mile.
- Innovative, proactive, resourceful and an effective problem solver.
- In love with the local church and desire to be a part of making decisions and setting direction for the church.
About the Location:
Waters Edge Church is located in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of Virginia with campuses in Yorktown, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg, the area is steeped in 400 years of American history. Hundreds of historical sites and attractions in the area draw visitors from around the world each year.
Yorktown is part of the Historic Triangle (along with Williamsburg and Jamestown), and is rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history. With its proximity to beautiful beaches, rivers, the Blue Ridge Mountains, outstanding schools, and a high quality of life, Hampton Roads is undoubtedly a great place to live and raise a family.
Interested in this job? Apply here.