About the Organization:
Wheaton Bible Church consists of a community of ordinary people from diverse backgrounds, who have found forgiveness and reconciliation with God through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. Together, they are committed to love God more fully, grow together as Christ’s followers, and to reach their world with the life-changing message of Christ’s love and power, serving others in His name. Therefore, the church’s passion for more than 85 years has been to bring the transforming love and power of Jesus to their everyday relationships, communities, and the world.
Located 30 miles west of Chicago, Wheaton Bible Church is a non-denominational church averaging nearly 3000 people each weekend on its two campuses. The Wheaton Bible Church (North Avenue) campus is located in West Chicago. This facility is also home for Iglesia del Pueblo (IDP). A full partner in the total ministries of Wheaton Bible Church, IDP is a vibrant and growing Latino congregation with services in Spanish and English. A second campus, Tri-Village Church meets in Streamwood, at the AWANA corporate campus at Bartlett and Bode Roads, about 13 miles from the North Ave. campus.
Size - 3,979
Denomination - Non-denominational
Location - West Chicago, Illinois
About the Position:
The worship ministry of Wheaton Bible Church seeks to engage the hearts and minds of worshipers through expressions that are Theo/Christo centric, vibrant and reflective, and corporately engaging.
The Traditional Worship Pastor will embrace the diversity of worship expressions while providing focused leadership to the traditional worship service. In addition to weekly congregational leading, this position includes development of worship services and preparation of vocal and instrumental ensembles. With a view toward developing others, this individual will oversee the development and implementation of a school of arts that will include private and/or group instruction.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Traditional Worship Pastor:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a music related area required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of the three year’s experience in worship leading in a large church.
- Experience conducting choir and orchestra in both rehearsal and performance.
- Experience leading congregational singing.
- Be a winsome, gifted, and anointed worship leader.
- Possess strong, encouraging, and affirming leadership skills.
- Possess strong shepherding skills with a view towards caring for and encouraging staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with multiple staff and volunteer teams.
- Be committed to the biblical values and ministry vision of Wheaton Bible Church.
- Passionate about and committed to personal spiritual growth.
- Relate to multiple generations through worship.
About the Location:
Wheaton, Illinois, is a distinctive community of almost 53,000 residents situated about 25 miles west of Chicago. Residents and visitors are drawn to the blend of big-city comforts and small-town charm that makes Wheaton an excellent place to live, work, shop and play. From its top-ranked schools and picturesque downtown to its historic neighborhoods and dynamic community, Wheaton is a comfortable place to call home. Among the reasons why people are drawn to Wheaton are the schools, which have received statewide and nationwide acclaim. The City of Wheaton is also widely known for its access to health benefits. The community is served through facilities and medical staff who are consistently recognized for offering quality health care. The City of Wheaton has received much recognition for its distinctive, award-winning community. These include:
- Best Places to Live (2014, Chicago Magazine) – For a top suburb, low crime, and great homes.
- 100 Best Places to Live (2008 & 2012, Money Magazine) – For quality of life (median income, housing, education, health, leisure, and culture)
- Healthiest Suburb (2005, Chicago Magazine) – For public health, safety, environment, and downtown.
- Nationally Ranked Library (Top 10 in the Nation) – For customer service, facilities, and vast collection.
Nearly ten years ago WBC relocated 5 miles northwest from downtown Wheaton, Illinois to a larger campus in West Chicago. While Wheaton families are still highly represented in the congregation, this move has opened the church's ministry to a wider demographic—geographically, ethnically, and socioeconomically—with more than 30 high schools represented among the student body. Wheaton and West Chicago are part of the Chicago metoplex, the third-most populous city in the United States (after New York City and Los Angeles) containing 2.7 million residents. In addition to its renowned upscale establishments and restaurant districts, the city's unique location on Lake Michigan, its rich architectural heritage, its lively theater, arts, and comedy community, and its vibrant nightlife attracts residents and tourists alike. Chicago has numerous nicknames, including Chi-town, Windy City and Second City. The city is a center for business and finance and is considered one of the world's top global financial centers. As a multicultural city that thrives on the harmony and diversity of its neighborhoods, Chicago today embodies the values of America's heartland-integrity, hard work and community – which is reflected in the social fabric of its 77 distinct neighborhoods. The city is home to numerous major-league sports teams, world-class museums, and the Magnificent Mile shopping district—all along the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, creating an atmosphere not soon to be forgotten.
Interested in this position? Apply here.