Weekly Attendance: 1200
Location: St. Louis, MO
About the Organization:
White Flag Christian Church was planted in 1969 as a Christian Church. The current Lead Pastor, Paul, has served in that position at White Flag since March of 2008. After 13 years in youth ministry, Paul felt called to take on the challenge of transitioning a struggling church into a healthy and growing one.
When he arrived, the church was averaging 350 people and in decline; but with a decade of his leadership, and a rebranding in 2013, God has blessed White Flag and the church has more than tripled in size.
White Flag Church looks forward to the next season of growth as they search for a Discipleship Pastor to add to their team. Knowing that God has been faithful, they trust he will continue to be faithful through whatever comes.
About the Position:
The Discipleship Pastor will oversee, direct, and develop the discipleship ministry of White Flag Christian Church, helping accomplish its mission of “transforming lives by connecting people to Jesus, His word, and community.”
White Flag is a non-denominational, fast growing and dynamic church that has quadrupled in the last 10 years. Their average weekly attendance is 1200+. A Type "A" person whose primary passion is small groups and discipleship ministry will be ideal for this role. Candidates must have a proven track record of successfully growing a program and demonstrate the ability to build and lead volunteers.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree in Bible, Ministry or Theology from an accredited institution or further theological training is preferred for the knowledgeability of a candidate, but it is not required.
- The candidate must be tried and proven in ministry (at least five years in the local church).
- The candidate must demonstrate leadership, have a passion for small groups and be a team player.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church. A deep and abiding passion for Christ is a must.
- Someone who has an intimacy, through practice, of spiritual disciplines.
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply Biblical principles, and possess a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles. Someone who is an exemplary Christian in all the various roles is essential.
- Leads their family with grace and truth, always pointing them to Jesus.
- A healthy chemistry with the leadership, members, and culture of White Flag Christian Church and the St. Louis area.
- Excellent relational skills and an infectious love for people far from God.
- A gifted communicator who listens well and is open to instruction, guidance, and mentorship from others on the leadership team.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- Someone who is both a visionary and a strategic thinker is a great fit for this position.
- A personality that attracts and makes leaders.
- A teachable, fun, and appropriately transparent spirit.
- Skilled in building and managing ministry systems.
- A person who is organized.
- A person that loves pouring into others to help them become who God wants them to be.
- A person who understands discipleship both theologically and practically.
- A person who handles conflict and difficult situations well.
- A person who is low drama.
About the Location:
St. Louis has a population of 319,294 and is the principal municipality of Greater St. Louis, population 2,845,298, the largest urban area in Missouri, the 4th-largest urban area in the Midwest, and 15th-largest in the United States.
St. Louis is sited near the confluence of the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers, is the heart of Greater St. Louis, a metropolitan area of nearly three million people in Missouri and Illinois, the Illinois portion of which is commonly referred to as the Metro-East. It is home to some of the country's largest public and privately held corporations, including Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Graybar, Edward Jones, Emerson, Energizer, Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Boeing Defense, Space & Security, Purina, Monsanto Company, and MasterCard.
The St. Louis Cardinals, one of the most successful teams in Major League Baseball, make their home at Busch Stadium. St. Louis is also home to the St. Louis Blues (National Hockey League) and various minor league sports franchises. Washington University in St. Louis is the highest nationally ranked university in the city (13th) followed by Saint Louis University (86th nationally).
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.