Building Chemistry On Senior Leadership Teams with Vic Pentz and Marnie Crumpler
By: Holly Tate March 8, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Dr. Vic Pentz and Dr. Marnie Crumpler, the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor of Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Vic Pentz and Dr. Marnie Crumpler have been leading churches together for twenty years, first at First Presbyterian Church in Houston and most recently at Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta.
In today's podcast, they discuss the necessity of chemistry for an effective Senior/Executive Pastor partnership and leading change in an established setting.
Vic and Marnie talk with William about:
- Importance of chemistry between the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor
- How an Executive Pastor can effectively manage up
- Building a culture that lets team members have "room to zoom"
- The need for ideological conformity and methodological diversity on the leadership team
- The four quadrants of leading a staff: tell, sell, participate, delegate
- What it's like to be the successor of a legendary Senior Pastor
- Leading change in an established setting
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN:
Dr. Vic Pentz
Dr. Marnie Crumpler
Guest Links: Vic and Marnie
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- In Search Of Excellence by Tom Peters
- How Dante Can Save Your Life: The Life-Changing Wisdom of History's Greatest Poem by Rod Dreher
- The Way Of The Lord by N.T. Wright