How Church Leaders Can Dream Bigger with Mark Batterson [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen September 6, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Mark Batterson, Lead Pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C. and bestselling author.
Mark Batterson is the Founding and Lead Pastor of National Community Church (NCC) in Washington, D.C. NCC has a large focus on reaching the millennials of Capitol Hill, and the multisite church meets in many movie theatres throughout the area. Additionally, the church operates the largest coffee shop on Capitol Hill, Ebenezers.
Mark is also the author of 12 New York Times bestselling books, the most notable being In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. Mark has recently written a sequel to that bestseller, Chase The Lion, which is now available to pre-order. Chase The Lion is about letting go of fears, scars, and apathy and pursuing God-sized dreams with abandon.
Mark talks with William about:
- How God can use failures to do something greater
- How to lead & attract millennials
- What church planters should focus on when growing a church
- How to stay encouraged and lead through both church growth and failures
- How Pastors and leaders can stay refreshed and keep expanding their horizons.
Guest Links: Mark Batterson
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
- Chase The Lion by Mark Batterson
- Mindset: The New Psychology Of Success by Carol Dweck
- Grit: The Power Of Passion And Perserverance by Angela Duckworth
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit Of Less by Greg McKeown
Quotes from Mark:
Listen to more episodes at Vandercast.com