Do Virtual Teams Really Work? with Bryan Miles [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen January 5, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Bryan Miles, CEO and co-founder of Miles Advisory Group, a virtual resource for churches across the globe.
Bryan Miles loves helping the church think innovatively about team building. In early 2010, Bryan and his wife, Shannon, saw the opportunity to help serve churches in a new way. That December, they founded Miles Advisory Group, a virtual resource for churches across the globe.
Today, they work with churches of all sizes to assist in bookkeeping, payroll, and webmaster services. They have built several organizations under Miles Advisory Group that also serve the church virtually, such as eaHelp, MAG Bookkeeping and Render. In 2015, Inc Magazine ranked eaHelp 131 out of 500 of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
Bryan talks with William about:
- Listening to God's call to become an entrepreneur
- Best practices for working alongside a spouse
- How to successfully lead a team of virtual employees
- Determining staff character without their physical presence
- The value of virtual services for the church
- Dealing with growing pains in a fast-growing organization
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN:
Guest Links: Bryan Miles
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Sam Walton: Made in America by Sam Walton
- A Leader's Gift: How to Earn the Right to Be Followed by Barry Banther
- Basecamp App
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- DiSC Profile