Empowering A Community In The Midst Of A Crisis with Jeremy Courtney [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen June 14, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Jeremy Courtney, Co-Founder and CEO of Preemptive Love Coalition.
Jeremy Courtney is co-founder and executive director of the Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC), an international development and peacemaking organization. PLC is based in Iraq and provides lifesaving heart surgeries to Iraqi children and training for local doctors and nurses, creating peace between communities at odds.
Jeremy is also the author of Preemptive Love: Pursuing Peace One Heart at a Time, the true story of his family's pursuit of peace and healing in Iraq. He and his family are driven by a love for God and a love for people, seeing their work through PLC as a way of living out their own identity as followers of Jesus.
Jeremy talks with William about:
- The mission of Preemptive Love Coalition in Iraq
- How to empower a culture in the midst of suffering
- The challenges of training an inexperienced community
- Lessons learned from joining a foreign community
- What church and business leaders can do to help the situation in Fallujah
Guest Links: Jeremy Courtney
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Sisterhood Soap
- The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible (Sacred Activism) by Charles Eisenstein
- The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier