Finding The Right Pace For Change with Chris Emmitt [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen February 6, 2018
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Chris Emmitt, Lead Pastor of Mountain Lake Church in Cumming, Georgia.
Chris Emmitt is the Lead Pastor of Mountain Lake Church in Georgia. He grew up in the church as a preacher's son, but never thought his path would lead to working in ministry. He spent the first half of his career in the entrepreneurial world, from real estate development to land deals to construction.
When he eventually felt the call to ministry, Chris joined a team alongside his father at Community Bible Church in San Antonio. After 7 years of growth there, he was placed in his current role of Lead Pastor at Mountain Lake Church in Georgia.
Chris talks with William about:
- What it's like to follow the founder of a church
- Learning how to lead change as a pastor
- Strategies to minimize pain in the midst of change
- Warning signals that a church needs change
- Secrets to maxing out the potential of a staff team
- How to gracefully handle a staff member transition
- Onboarding new hires onto an existing team