The Best Way To Grow Your Leadership This Year with Jeff Simmons
By: Vanderbloemen January 9, 2018
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Pastor Jeff Simmons, Lead Pastor of Rolling Hills Community Church in Franklin, Tennessee.
Jeff Simmons is the founder and Lead Pastor of Rolling Hills Community Church in Franklin, Tennessee. Jeff is also the President of Justice and Mercy International, a non-profit organization committed to serving justice to impoverished people around the world.
Jeff Simmons first felt a call to ministry at church camp in ninth grade, when he made a commitment to follow God for the rest of his life. He studied finance at Baylor University, and with multiple job offers in the business world, he made the decision to enter full-time ministry. His educational background gives him a unique sense for business and innovation, while his passionate heart for missions and reaching God’s people has brought him to ministry.
Jeff talks with William about:
- Growing a church plant from 15 to 1,500 people
- The changing role of leadership in the church
- How churches can differentiate themselves
- Lessons for leading a growing staff team
- Learning to let go of responsibility as a church grows
Guest Links: Jeff Simmons
- Justice and Mercy International
- Rolling Hills Community Church
- Immeasurably More by Jeff Simmons
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- The Global Leadership Summit Conference
- Preaching: Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller
- Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You're Irrelevant and Extreme by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons
- Heaven - Bible Study Book by Randy Alcorn