How To Build Contagious Culture As A New Pastor with Philip Miller
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Pastor Philip Miller, Senior Pastor of Westwood Baptist Church in Olympia, Washington.
Philip Miller is the Senior Pastor at Westwood Baptist Church in Olympia, Washington. He pursued Bible training at Cedarville University where he met his wife, Krista. They then moved to Dallas, Texas where they both pursued Master of Theology degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary.
While in seminary Philip served as a pastoral staff intern for two years, and following graduation he became an associate pastor in the western Chicago suburbs. In 2013, he was placed at Westwood Baptist Church as their new senior pastor. The previous pastor had been in his role for the previous 41 years.
Pastor Philip talks with William about:
- Facing the difficulty of following a long-tenured pastor
- How to build a team of new and existing staff members
- How pastors should spend their first 90 days on the job
- Battling tensions between a former leader and a current leader
- How to properly inherit a team
Guest Links: Philip Miller
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter by Michael D. Watkins
- StrengthsFinder Personality Assessment
- The SPEED of TRUST: The One Thing That Changes Everything by Stephen M.R. Covey