How To Create Small Groups For Everyone with Chris Surratt [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen April 18, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with ministry consultant and coach, Chris Surratt.
Chris Surratt is a ministry consultant and coach with over twenty-two years of experience serving in the local church. Chris served on the executive teams at Cross Point Church in Nashville, Tennessee, and Seacoast Church in Charleston, South Carolina.
Chris also manages SmallGroup.com for LifeWay Christian Resources. He is the author of Small Groups for the Rest of Us: How to Design Your Small Groups System to Reach the Fringes, which was released in 2015.
Chris talks with William about:
- Why church leaders should be intentional about their small group ministry
- How to engage both extroverted and introverted church members
- Identifying key leaders to maintain your small groups
- Determining the lifespan and size of a small group
- Whether groups should participate in a message-based or topical curriculum
- Cultivating and maintaining a church's culture
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN:
Guest Links: Chris Surratt
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Small Groups for the Rest of Us: How to Design Your Small Groups System to Reach the Fringes by Chris Surratt
- How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don't Knowby Byron Sharp
- Reagan: The Life by H.W. Brands
- Evernote App
Quotes from Chris: