How To Plant A Church For A New Generation with Jeanne Stevens [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen May 17, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Jeanne Stevens, one of the Lead Pastors of Soul City Church in Chicago, Illinois, about church planting for the next generation.
Soul City Church began in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago, IL. Soul City began in the fall of 2010. Prior to starting Soul City Church, Jeanne served on the staff of Willow Creek Community Church for 11 years as a Student Ministry Pastor and on staff of North Point Community Church for 4 years.
Jeanne has had the opportunity to teach, pastor, and speak into the lives of thousands of people across the US and around the world. She is the author of Soul School, a contributor to the Bible Study and DVD Series “Twelve Women of the Bible” as well as “Real Women, Real Faith”.
Jeanne talks with William about:
- Stepping into the sacrificial role of a church planter
- Building a church staff team of Millennials
- Management principles for growing a staff team
- How to build up responsible leaders in the church
- How a church leader can find his or her identity in God
- Planting a church in the middle of a troubled city
Guest Links: Jeanne Stevens
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Four Small Words: A Simple Way to Understand the Bible by Jarrett Stevens
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership: A New Paradigm for Sustainable Success by Jim Dethmer, Diana Chapman & Kaley Klemp
- Evernote, Pinterest and Houzz Apps
- IF: Gathering App