Is Your Church Ready For Multisite? with Dr. Chip Henderson [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen September 19, 2017
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Dr. Chip Henderson, Senior Pastor of Pinelake Church in Mississippi.
Dr. Chip Henderson has served as the senior pastor and primary teacher at Pinelake Church since 1999. He is well known for his commitment to Biblical, life application teaching. Chip’s passion is to see Christ bring about powerful life-change in people — stirring a spiritual movement that will change the world.
Chip’s engaging, transparent communication of the Word has sparked dynamic spiritual growth in the people of Pinelake and beyond. In addition, it has sparked a culture where his favorite self-description, “I’m just one beggar telling another beggar where I found bread,” has resulted in the church growing exponentially in the last 10 years.
Since Chip's arrival, the church has grown from 700 to more than 9000 attendees each week and has expanded to five campuses with extensive ministries that are impacting Mississippi and the world. Chip holds a PhD in New Testament studies and is the co-creator of the L3 Journal. He and his wife, Christy, have three children: Rachel, McKenzie and Regan.
Chip talks with William about:
- Managing rapid church growth in a short period of time
- The church's biggest challenges during a season of growth
- Best practices of launching a multisite ministry
- The role of multisite ministry
- The next steps of Pinelake Church in various ministries
- Lessons for young pastors in ministry
Guest Links: Dr. Chip Henderson
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream by Tony Evans
- With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God by Timothy Keller
- The Pinelake app