The Most Effective Way To Develop Leaders with Nicole Unice [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen July 12, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Nicole Unice, Ministry Director of Hope Church in Richmond, Virginia.
Nicole Unice is the Ministry Director at Hope Church, providing leadership, teaching, and directing a full-time ministry residency program called Praxis. She has the ability to relate to people in all ages and stages of life with her “keeping it real” approach to ordering a life around God’s word.
Nicole teaches to a wide audience, both as a writer and speaker. Her first book, She’s Got Issues, released May 2012 and speaks to a fundamental question of faith: is being a Christian supposed to change me? She’s since co-written a book about the basics of a relationship with Jesus called Start Here. Her most recent book and DVD study is Brave Enough, a conversation about finding courage in Christ.
Nicole talks with William about:
- How she transitioned from attendee to full-time staff at Hope Church
- Building and managing a staff of first-time ministry leaders
- Keys for starting a church internship/residency program
- What to do with residents who don't feel called to ministry
- Effective non-committal leadership development
Guest Links: Nicole Unice
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Praxis Class at Hope Church
- Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip and Dan Heath
- The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization by Peter Drucker
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown