Making Room At The Table For Outside Hires with Pastor Stu Hodges
By: Vanderbloemen December 12, 2017
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Pastor Stu Hodges, founding and Lead Pastor of Waters Edge Church in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
Pastor Stu Hodges is founder and Lead Pastor of Waters Edge Church in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Launched in 2002, Waters Edge has grown from 50 people to an average attendance of more than 3,500 people at its multiple campuses.
Stu is passionate about changing the way people think about church and reaching those who are distant and disconnected from God. He brings authenticity, energy, Biblical teaching, creativity, and real-life application to each of his sermons at Waters Edge Church.
Stu talks with William about:
- How to build a team of church leaders for a growing church
- Managing staff turnover on your team
- Finding the balance between loyalty and trust as a church leader
- How to sacrifice the good of the one for the good of the whole
- How to bring an outside hire onto your staff
- Telltale signs of a culture fit
- Why you need to prioritize leadership development