How To Effectively Multiply Healthy Churches with Dave Ferguson [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen May 22, 2018
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William Vanderbloemen, founder and CEO at Vanderbloemen Search Group, talks with Dave Ferguson, lead pastor at Community Christian Church in Plainfield, Illinois. William and Dave discuss planting and multiplying healthy churches and the importance of aligning your mission and vision in your church network.
Dave Ferguson is an award-winning author, founding and lead pastor of Chicago’s Community Christian Church, a missional multi-site community considered one of the most influential churches in America. Dave is also the visionary for the international church-planting movement NewThing and president of the Exponential Conference.
William talks with Dave about:
- Best practices for leaders at multiplying churches
- Working with millennials and how to be role models and 'hero makers' to them
- How to effectively align around mission and vision for multisite churches
- How to avoid drift when growing your church
- Dave's Website
- New Thing Network
- Exponential Conference
- Hero Maker Book
- Community Christian Church
- Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church by Kara Powell, Jake Mulder, and Brad M Griffen
- Your God Is Too Small: A Guide for Believers and Skeptics Alike by J.B. Phillips
- The Score Sports App
- HQ Trivia App
Contact Dave: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quotes from Dave:
“The number one thing [millennials] are looking for is permission.”
“It’s not just about growing something, it’s also about multiplying. That’s movement making stuff which accomplishes the mission.”
“We feel like there’s a global Body of Christ that needs to be connected, and we’d like to be one of the early adopters of how do we become a global body that becomes connected, and then share that with other people as well."