How The New Overtime Regulations Will Affect Churches with David Middlebrook [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen September 13, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with David Middlebrook, the attorney behind the Church Law Group and author of Nonprofit Law for Religious Organizations: Essential Questions and Answers.
David Middlebrook is a founding shareholder of Anthony & Middlebrook, P.C. and is a nationally-recognized expert and speaker on law for churches and nonprofits. The Church Law Group is the division of his firm that focuses solely on churches, ministries, and other faith-based organizations, and over 35,000 people subscribe to their videos and updates.
With a passion for law and a heart for pastors, David Middlebrook is the author of Nonprofit Law for Religious Organizations: Essential Questions and Answers and The Guardian System (a system for the prevention of child abuse within nonprofit organizations), as well as many articles on nonprofit legal topics. He also serves as Editorial Advisor for the Church Law & Tax Report.
David talks with William about:
- An overview of the new FLSA overtime regulations
- How the new regulations will affect pastors & churches
- How churches can protect themselves from legal issues
- Whether or not church staff members can volunteer in the church
- Potential solutions for churches facing challenges in these new regulations
Guest Links: David Middlebrook
- The Church Law Group
- Anthony & Middlebrook, P.C.
- The Church Law Group on Twitter
- The Church Law Group on Facebook
- The Church Law Group on YouTube
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Quotes from David:
Listen to more episodes at Vandercast.com