Planning For The Future By Rediscovering The Past with Ray Green [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen January 30, 2018
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Ray Green, Lead Pastor of Graceland Baptist Church in New Albany, Indiana.
Ray Green is the Lead Pastor of Graceland Baptist Church in New Albany, Indiana. Both passionate and visionary about seeing lives transformed by Jesus Christ, he loves to see moments that lead to movements of God in the lives of people. He has been in full-time ministry for almost 15 years, serving in various roles. He has been a Student Pastor, Singles/College Pastor, Campus Pastor, and now a Lead Pastor at Graceland.
Ray received a bachelors degree in Communications from Cedarville University and a Masters degree from Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas, TX. He lives in Southern Indiana with his wife, two children, and their spoiled chocolate lab.
Ray talks with William about:
- What pastors should expect when inheriting a team
- How to expand a church toward its vision
- The importance of earning trust as a new pastor
- How to build upon your church's vision in the community
- How to add people from the outside well
- How long a new staff member should wait to instigate change
- Strategies for navigating a multi-generational church congregation
Guest Links: Ray Green
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Next Generational Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future by Andy Stanley
- Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Growth by Samuel Chand
- Evernote App
- The Grint App