[Podcast] 4 Keys To Effective Church Revitalization with Thom Rainer
By: Holly Tate November 3, 2015
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Dr. Thom Rainer, former President and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources, about church revitalization and leading change in an established environment.
Prior to LifeWay, Thom served at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for twelve years where he was the founding dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions and Evangelism. He is a 1977 graduate of the University of Alabama and earned his Master of Divinity and Ph.D. degrees from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
He is the author of more than two dozen books, including Breakout Churches, Autopsy of a Deceased Church, Simple Life, Simple Church, Raising Dad, The Millennials, and Essential Church. His recent book, I Am a Church Member, was #1 on the CBA best-seller list for several months and I Will was just released in June 2015 by B&H Publishing Group.
Thom talks with William about:
- Four components of effective church revitalization
- Leading change in an established environment
- Value of plurality in leadership
- Hiring people who lead well
- How the diversity of America influences your church staff
Guest Links: Thom Rainer
- Thom on Twitter
- Thom's Podcast: Rainer on Leadership
- LifeWay Christian Resources
- Thom's blog: ThomRainer.com
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Thom's Monthy Membership Program ChurchAnswers.com
- Diversity Explosion by William Frey
- The End of Jobs by Taylor Pearson
- Leading With Change by John Kotter
- Periscope App