Remaining Faithful During A Pastoral Transition with Shawn Lovejoy [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen December 8, 2015
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Shawn Lovejoy, Founder of Mountain Lake Church and CourageToLead.com, about his recent transition away from the pulpit.
Shawn is a coach and mentor to pastors through CourageToLead.com. He and his wife, Tricia, are instrumental in providing directional leadership to both pastors and pastors' wives through their speaking, coaching, and writing resources.
Before starting CourageToLead.com, Shawn was the Founder and Lead Pastor of Mountain Lake Church in Cumming, GA. He was also the Directional Leader of churchplanters.com and their annual Velocity conference.
In this episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Shawn vulnerably shares his own recent pastoral succession story as he transitioned away from leading Mountain Lake Church. It's a powerful story that every church leader thinking about pastoral succession needs to hear.
Shawn talks with William about:
- How he transitioned from his church position well
- How to know when it's time to step away from a Senior Pastor role
- Planning a timely succession from a Senior Pastor role
- Training yourself to listen to the Holy Spirit
- Introducing a new pastor to your church
- How to coach pastors through issues that keep them up at night
Guest Links: Shawn Lovejoy
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Be Mean About the Vision: Preserving and Protecting What Matters by Shawn Lovejoy
- Intentional Living by John Maxwell
- Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Growth by Sam Chand