The Official Handbook for Pastor Search Committees with William Vanderbloemen [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen June 7, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with William Vanderbloemen, President and CEO of Vanderbloemen Search Group in Houston, TX.
William Vanderbloemen founded Vanderbloemen Search Group in 2010. He has been able to combine over 15 years of ministry experience as a Senior Pastor with the best practices of Executive Search to provide churches with a unique offering: a deep understanding of local church work with the very best knowledge and practices of professional executive search.
William is regularly invited to speak across the country in both church services and as a resource to churches and conferences on leadership. He is the author of Next: Pastoral Succession That Works and his most recent book, Search: The Pastoral Search Committee Handbook which will be released mid-June 2016.
William talks with Holly about:
- Why pastoral search committees need a field guide to the search process
- The biggest challenges pastoral search committees face
- When to start the conversation with an outside consultant about pastoral search
- Who should and shouldn't be on your pastoral search committee
- How pastor search committees can know what their church needs in the next hire
- Common mistakes of pastor search committees
Guest Links: William Vanderbloemen
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- SEARCH: The Pastoral Search Committee Handbook by William Vanderbloemen
- Washington's Spies: The Story of America's First Spy Ring by Alexander Rose
- Penultimate App