Why More Churches Need An Executive Pastor with David Fletcher [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen May 3, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with David Fletcher, Executive Pastor at EvFree in Fullerton, California.
For over 35 years, David has served churches from 1,000 to 8,000 members. As well as being a pastor, David is a spiritual entrepreneur. He founded XPastor.org as a global ministry tool for leaders of churches of all sizes. XPastor provides a website community, annual XP-Seminar, workshops, and online courses to help executive pastors lead well.
Dr. David Fletcher also teaches as an adjunct professor and facilitator in the D.Min program at Dallas Theological Seminary and directs the Doctor of Ministries Program at the Evangelical Theological Seminary of India. He currently serves as Executive Pastor for EvFree in Fullerton, California.
David talks with William about:
- The role of the modern-day Executive Pastor and how it has changed through time
- The 3 kinds of Executive Pastors in the church today
- The size of the typical church with an Executive Pastor
- Type of experience needed for a strong Executive Pastor
- Keys to building strong teams in the church
- Leading a team during an unforeseen crisis in the church
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN:
Guest Links: David Fletcher
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Natural Church Development: A Guide To Eight Essential Qualities of Healthy Churches by Christian Schwarz
- Confucius for Christians: What an Ancient Chinese Worldview Can Teach Us about Life in Christ by Gregg Ten Elshof
- Night by Ellie Wiesel