Weekly Attendance: 130
Location: Seattle, WA
The Role: Worship Director
Meet Central Community Church:
Central Community Church is an 8-year-old church that gathers in central Seattle (Capitol Hill/Central District neighborhood) for one primary purpose: To seek the heart of God in the heart of the city. We are a diverse group of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, and walks of life, eagerly desiring to see Jesus’ Kingdom come in our day and in our city. We value the balance of truth and love, word and deed, gospel-proclamation and gospel-demonstration as well as the principles of Christian community development. Above all, we hope to make Jesus known and be famous for our love.
About the Worship Director:
The Worship Director’s primary role and responsibility will be to oversee and lead the corporate worship of Central Community Church. We believe corporate worship is one of the most important activities in the life of the church. It not only glorifies God, but it unifies and empowers God’s diverse people toward His purposes in the world. The Worship Director will lead and foster dynamic congregational worship as well as shepherd other musicians and worship leaders in the church.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience leading worship
- Music training preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to play a musical instrument (piano or guitar preferred) and lead vocally.
- Plan weekly Sunday worship services.
- Model and lead heart-felt worship of God on a weekly basis.
- Identify, train and shepherd emerging worship leaders and musicians, both in their gifting and in their love for Christ and neighbor.
- Manage and develop the tech and audio teams for Sunday services.
- Work closely with the staff and Lead Pastor to accomplish any other objectives on a weekly basis.
- Create, implement, and cultivate 1 or 2 other areas of ministry based on passion, gifting, and calling with the CCC staff and leadership team.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- In agreement with CCC’s statement of faith and general philosophy of ministry.
- Committed Christian leader with the general character guidelines for elder/deacon (I Tim. 3).
- Gifted worship leader who is sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading and guiding.
- Have a clear call to Seattle and a heart for reaching the city with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What it's Like to Live in Seattle, WA:
Seattle, a city on Puget Sound in the Pacific Northwest, is surrounded by water, mountains and evergreen forests, and contains thousands of acres of parkland. Seattle’s nickname is the Emerald City, due to its proximity to nature and the greenery that surrounds the city. For outdoor enthusiasts, the mountains are very close by for all kinds of hiking, skiing, and climbing. Washington’s best national parks are only a few hours away. There is water everywhere, from lakes to the Puget Sound. The weather is mild and all 4 seasons are experienced. In fact, there is no need for AC in Seattle, because the weather is so pleasantly beautiful. Residents are not far from Canada or California. Seattle continuously ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the country for jobs, especially in the tech industry. Washington State’s largest city is home to a large tech industry, with Microsoft and Amazon headquartered in its metropolitan area. Seattle also boasts an incredible food scene, particularly in regards to their great selection of seafood restaurants. The city itself offers wonderful food, entertainment, and sports. It is a great place to live and work!
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.