Weekly Attendance: 930
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
The Role: Kids Minister
Meet Chapel Hill Bible Church:
Chapel Hill Bible Church is a non-denominational church, composed of people who worship Jesus Christ and want Him to be known world-wide. CHBC believes in the truth of the Bible and members strive to live out their faith both together and individually. With a diverse membership, Chapel Hill Bible Church is dedicated to reaching everyone, locally and globally, with the Gospel. The congregation at CHBC truly cares for people from all walks of life and desires to feed them from God’s Word. In order to challenge members to grow spiritually, CHBC offers life groups, adult and children’s Sunday School, and a dynamic worship experience. Chapel Hill invites everyone to use their gifts and talents to serve the Kingdom of God together with them.
About the Kids Minister:
Our mission at Chapel Hill Bible Church is to equip our church as a community to
reach the Triangle and beyond with the message of Jesus Christ. The Kids Minister will have a unique role in this mission and is tasked to lead in a manner that will enable kids to know, love, and follow Jesus and reach their world for Christ. The mission of CHBC Kids Ministry is to teach the gospel and foster friendships to disciple kids in partnership with parents and the body of Christ. This role is crucial in obeying the commandment found in Psalm 78:4, to “tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might, and the wonders that He has done.”
The Kids Minister's Responsibilities Include:
- Shape, lead, and ensure alignment of Kids Ministry with the vision of Chapel Hill Bible Church in partnership with the Family Pastor.
- Ensure that the Kids Ministry curriculum develops a gospel-centered worldview in our children (nursery-5th grade) in partnership with the Family Pastor.
- Set programming for Sundays and ad hoc events.
- Lead, encourage, and inspire volunteers to the vision of Kids Ministry.
- Develop, train and equip volunteers for the mission of Kids Ministry.
- Develop and implement child safety and discipline policies.
- Oversee continual management of the Kids Ministry database in partnership with the
Kids Ministry Administrative Assistant.
- Provide a friendly environment and experience on Sunday mornings which includes efficient child check-in & pick-up, clean and decorated classrooms,and that teachers are ready and equipped.
- Interact and partner with parents in a manner that is filled with grace and compassion.
- In partnership with the Ministry Leadership Team, provide childcare for special events and services. (Christmas Eve, worship/prayer nights, congregational meetings, etc.)
- Lead specialized summer programs (i.e. Pine Cove City, Faith Explorers, KidsFest, etc.)
- Oversee the Kids Ministry budget.
- Teach a class Sunday morning, if needed.
- Supervise Kids Ministry Administrative Assistant to ensure supporting systems further the gospel being proclaimed to the coming generations.
Seeks to integrate Kids Ministry into the life of the church by working in partnership with
other ministries of the church
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of children’s ministry experience in as staff member in a church of 500+
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s or master's degree preferred
- Biblical and theological knowledge; theological training preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly relational leader with a heart for investing in others
- Able to cast a vision and lead others to pursue it
- Has a heart for children and experience working with children in a church context
- Has experience dealing with behavioral issues and can employ conflict management skills
- Has knowledge and understanding of childhood development, especially as it pertains to the educational process
- Has successfully led a team of 50 volunteers
- Can manage time effectively
- Has strong written and oral communication skills
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ; understanding of the centrality of the gospel and commitment to the purpose and mission of the local church as understood by CHBC
- Membership at CHBC (existing or first available membership class upon employment) is required
- Grace-filled and compassionate people-person who responds to situations with patience and love
- Desires to develop relationships in order to equip and empower KM volunteers
What it's Like to Live in Chapel Hill, NC:
The Triangle-area of North Carolina is a great place to live. Residents and visitors have access to both large cities and small communities. You can expect to find world-class universities, stellar hospital systems, an international airport, and great places to dine. A favorite among tourists for its multitude of trails, lakes, and state parks within a short drive, Chapel Hill’s outdoor attractions are enjoyable year-round. To top it all off, the beautifully breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains and the captivating Atlantic Ocean are just a day trip away.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.