Why Every Church Leader Needs To Take A Sabbatical with Josh Jones [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen October 10, 2017
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Sarah Robins talks with Josh Jones, Executive Pastor at Athens Church.
Josh Jones is the Executive Pastor at Athens Church in Athens, Georgia. Josh has served with Athens Church since its beginning in 2005. The church began as a strategic partner of North Point Ministries and hosted its first service in a high school auditorium. Since Athens’ first year, the core staff of four people has grown the church steadily to now over 4,000 attendees per weekend.
Josh talks with Sarah about:
- Structuring a sabbatical system at your church.
- The importance of church leaders spending time alone with God
- Dealing with a church’s apprehension to sending leaders on sabbatical
- Financial and relational costs associated with a sabbatical
- Finding the right time to send leaders on sabbatical
- Practical tips for taking time off