5 Practical Methods to Drive Church Growth with Rich Birch [Podcast]
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly Tate, vice president of marketing at Vanderbloemen Search Group, talks with Rich Birch, founder of the church leadership blog, unSeminary, and author of the book Church Growth Flywheel: 5 Practical Systems to Drive Growth at Your Church. They discuss several strategies to drive your church’s growth and impact more people than ever before.
Rich Birch became an early multisite pioneer by leading the charge to help The Meeting House in Toronto to become a multisite church with over 4,000 people in 6 locations. (Today they are 19 locations with more than 7,000 people attending.)
In addition, he served on the leadership team of Connexus Church, a North Point Community Church Strategic Partner. He has also been a part of the lead team at Liquid Church – a 6 location multisite church serving the Manhattan facing communities of New Jersey. Liquid’s innovative approach to outreach and community impact has been featured by the New York Times, CNN & a variety of other media outlets. In 2016, Liquid Church was named as one of the fastest growing churches in the country.
Rich is married to Christine has two teenagers, Haley and Hunter. Collectively they try to keep their dog, Rory, from chewing everything that lands on the floor.
Rich talks with Holly about:
- How to leverage social media and helpful content to increase the visibility of your church
- Getting more people plugged in to your church and keeping them engaged
- Encouraging people to get out of their seats and into the street and local community
- How to make a positive impact within your church community so what you're doing is "remarkable"
- Free Preview of Church Growth Flywheel: 5 Practical Systems to Drive Growth at Your Church
- Church Growth Flywheel: 5 Practical Systems to Drive Growth at Your Church
- UnSeminary Church Leadership Blog
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't by Jim Collins
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Bonjoro App
Quotes from Rich:
"A flywheel is a large disc that you put energy into over time, but actually the momentum that you put into it over time pays dividends. I think Church growth is similar.”
“At the end of the day, churches that are growing, that are making an impact, are seeing their people consistently talk about their church...their churches are remarkable.”
“If you look at the fastest growing churches in the country, they’re looking to move their people out of their seats and into the streets.”
“You can’t really think just about the front door, you’ve also got to think about the back door, how we ultimately get people to stick and stay.”